[Reviews - 311] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

She'd wished him gone a hundred times. Getting her wish would sink her into a world of corruption and murder, though all she wanted was to be the master of her own heart. - 1940's noir AU, no zombies.


Rated: M
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: Andrea Harrison, Carol Peletier, Dale Horvath, Daryl Dixon, Glenn Rhee, Hershel Greene, Maggie Greene Rhee, Merle, Michonne Hawthorne, Milton Mamet, Original Character(s), Phillip Blake, Rick Grimes, Shane Walsh, Theodore 'T-Dog' Douglas, The Governor
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Adult Language, Carol/Other (Temp), Character Death, Drug Use, Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No
Word count: 86837 Read: 13393
Published: March 09, 2014 Updated: July 12, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Winner of the 2014 Caryl Fanfiction Awards for "Best Unfinished Story"

Warnings: Language, violence, gore, death, sex, angst. If you've read any of my other works, you know to expect all of the above. This will be no different.

Disclaimer: The characters are the property of AMC, the basic idea and setting are the brainchild of imorca and madcorvus. Me, I'm just the vessel. I'm still not sure why I'm involved, but it's too late now. Suckers.

1. Prologue by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 19] Liked (1082 words)

2. The Detective and Dead Ed by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 9] Liked (2024 words)

We meet Detective Shane Walsh and one bloody corpse.

3. The Merry Widow by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 8] Liked (2357 words)

The introduction of Ed Peletier's new widow, Carol.

4. Two Swoons by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 7] Liked (3198 words)

A funeral for the ages

5. Deals With The Devil by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 11] Liked (3112 words)

In which Carol starts to realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes and Shane runs into an old friend.

6. High-Steppin' Flatfoots by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 7] Liked (2417 words)

Shane figures things out

7. The Five O'Clock Club by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 9] Liked (2838 words)

The crown jewel of the Greene machine, where Daryl befriends a spunky bartender and runs into a familiar face

8. One of Us by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 13] Liked (4438 words)

Carol meets Andrea and faces off with Merle Dixon himself

9. Dance of the Firecrackers by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 16] Liked (5491 words)

Where once dance changes everything

10. Precarious Parallels by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 10] Liked (3337 words)

Shane and Dale officially form their mob squad and a new player in town makes his move

11. Big Talkin' Newspaper Man by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 10] Liked (4356 words)

The inner musings of Rick Grimes meet the proud fist of Daryl Dixon

12. The Fury and The Sound by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 16] Liked (10010 words)

In which everyone realizes they've all been underestimating Carol

13. Sticks and Stones by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 9] Liked (2091 words)

An unexpected showdown 

14. Off the Wagon (Part One) by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 13] Liked (2422 words)

In which Shane runs into several familiar faces and starts to spiral down in a bad way

15. Off the Wagon (Part Two) by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 16] Liked (4862 words)

In which many, many things come to a head and Shane jumps the gun

16. Devil's Fire by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 16] Liked (4285 words)

Hershel Greene himself reveals a plan that throws everything into a tailspin

17. Out With the Old by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 14] Liked (5040 words)

Carol and Daryl reconnect, Axel shows up and Carol confronts Andrea

18. Citrus Twist by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 16] Liked (5753 words)

Carol & Daryl arrive in Savannah and the sexual tension goes to 11

19. Flim-Flam Floozled by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 22] Liked (4411 words)

Carol breaks in, breaks out and discovers secrets that not even Hershel Greene knew existed

20. Into the River... by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 20] Liked (4647 words)

The road home leads to unexpected danger for Daryl and Carol

21. ...And Out of the Woods by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 21] Liked (4674 words)

22. Split Places and Paces by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 15] Liked (2567 words)

Passion starts to build, but so does the storm...

23. Birds On Their Wires by Fairies Masquerade [Reviews - 14] Liked (1425 words)

Everything is a balancing act in the eye of the storm