[Reviews - 13] Liked
Summary:

Part of him must be convinced that if he lets go again, she'll disappear.

 

Like before.


Rated: T
Categories: Alternate Universe, Season 4
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Lizzie Samuels, Michonne Hawthorne
Genres: Angst, Challenge Response, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4171 Read: 1558
Published: March 19, 2014 Updated: March 19, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

The notes I have on this could be a novel themselves, but I'll try to avoid that. In theory, this is a Daryl POV companion piece to What the Sky Looked Like. However, I started it before TWD had fully succeeded in reducing my brain to a useless pile of mush, aka before "The Grove." At this point, it's way AU, so definitely don't read if that bothers you. In any case, I'm posting it now because regardless of its quality, I can't work on it anymore. I'm going to cross my fingers that having a little fic that's way AU and on the lighter side will make a few people smile. Thank you, adrenalin211, for being the giant never-ending source of support that you always are and for constantly encouraging me not to give up on this one. Also thank you so much to imorca for providing another pair of eyes when I lost all objectivity. This is also a fill for the USS-Caryl fanfiction challenge. I picked the word "nuzzle," because even though I don't use it specifically in the story, it feels like a lot of what's happening here, if that makes any sense. The title is taken from "Asleep at Last," by The Wailin' Jennys. I mainlined that song while writing this, in addition to "Hard Way Home," by Brandi Carlile, "Clear Blue Eyes," by Amos Lee feat. Lucinda Williams, and "Leave the Light On," by Chris Smither.

1. Chapter 1 by leigh57 [Reviews - 13] Liked (4171 words)