[Reviews - 120] Liked
Summary:

Carol makes a deseprate choice in order to protect her family. What Rick didn't know, was just how much she and Daryl stood to lose. 


Rated: M
Categories: Season 4, Headcanon
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Baby Fic, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes
Word count: 31794 Read: 26918
Published: June 03, 2015 Updated: July 29, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by heartwarr [Reviews - 17] Liked (1275 words)

Here is the first chapter of a story that crawled into my head and wouldn't shut up. As a new fanfiction writer, my goal is not to rush this story. I feel I tend to rush past plot points to get to the details I enjoy. I want to tell a more eloquent story this go around. I have big imaginiation, but sometimes my mechanics suck. Please let me know what you think.

2. Chapter 2 by heartwarr [Reviews - 4] Liked (1309 words)

Here is chapter two. I'm going to divert from some of the Season 4 crap that i didn't enjoy, and I felt like was a bit of...torture for poor Carol. I think she could have been just as badass and awesome as she is now, without some of the things she had to experience. So, hold on tight for my headcannon! Thanks for all of the positive reviews!!!!!!!!

3. Chapter 3 by heartwarr [Reviews - 5] Liked (1597 words)

When I'm on this much of a roll, I throw them out there as soon as I can. I can't wait around for it to fade away! I suck at being suspenseful. I'm excited about this story, because I love writing them this way, and I love who they truly could be, and I think one day could become - Baby Dixon or not. It's a softer journey to each other, and to Carol's strength. It's still not going to be an easy road, but it's going to be easier. I've got this entire story mapped out, so be prepared for it to come fairly fast and furiously. As always, please let me know if you like what I'm writing, and if you have any suggestions for me. Thank you so much for your kind words!!!!!! 

4. Chapter 4 by heartwarr [Reviews - 6] Liked (2058 words)

Chapter 4, my longest one by far. Please know that I'm not going to write Carol as a shrinking violet forever, she's about to be badass, and soon. I just wanted to be able to make her more vulnerable for a bit. Stick with me, I've got a plan, cross my heart. The queen is alive and well. As always, read and review. Thanks so much for reading!!!

5. Chapter 5 by heartwarr [Reviews - 4] Liked (1402 words)

Here's how I'm fixing the BS that was in Season 4. You're welcome. Enjoy the fluff! 

As always, PLEASE REVIEW. I love them!!!

Thanks for all of the kind words!!

 

6. Chapter 6 by heartwarr [Reviews - 6] Liked (1776 words)

Hey guys! This one I struggled with, trying to get the details right, the way I wanted. The next chapter will be hard too. Bare with me. Thank for all the reviews. Hope you love this. Let me know. 

7. Chapter 7 by heartwarr [Reviews - 9] Liked (1612 words)

Here it is. What you've all been speculating about. 

 

Read and review. <3 

8. Chapter 8 by heartwarr [Reviews - 11] Liked (1286 words)

Showdown. 

Read and review. 

9. Chapter 9 by heartwarr [Reviews - 10] Liked (1047 words)

I am overwhelmed by all the positive reviews. Thank you so much. 

Here's the next chapter. You know what to do. 

10. Chapter 10 by heartwarr [Reviews - 6] Liked (1401 words)

Hey,

This is a bit of a filler chapter, some fluff and sweetness, a little background on the universe this is taking place in. It kind of frustrated me that they weren't more prepared to leave the prison. How could they not have had a back-up plan? Plot holes galore.

As always, thank you for your kind comments and reviews!!!! <3

Please review! Let me know your thoughts!!! 

11. Chapter 11 by heartwarr [Reviews - 5] Liked (1405 words)

Sorry for the delay! It's been a rough week or so at my house. My kids being out of school, and out of sorts, has put a dent in my writing time. Super busy at work too. 

Changing this story up. I figured only one man was dumb enough to walk into the trap of Terminus. We all know who that is. 

Our people? Nope. 

So, let me know your thoughts. Read and Review!!!

 

12. Chapter 12 by heartwarr [Reviews - 5] Liked (1087 words)

Another chapter!!! YAY! Thanks for reviewing! Keep them coming!!! <3

13. Chapter 13 by heartwarr [Reviews - 2] Liked (1046 words)

Hey!

This is a filler chapter. Sorry, just had to get them moving again. Read and review, I LOVE THEM! THANKS SO MUCH!!! <3 

14. Chapter 14 by heartwarr [Reviews - 6] Liked (1431 words)

Let me know what you think!!! 

15. Chapter 15 by heartwarr [Reviews - 4] Liked (1825 words)

Here we go!! Let me know what you think! <3 

16. Chapter 16 by heartwarr [Reviews - 4] Liked (1031 words)

I cannot begin to applogize enough for abandoning this story. It's always been my intention to finish this. I was finishing up a bachelor's degree while working full time, and doing the wife/mom thing. Writing just became impossible. I'm finished now, so hopefully I can carve out more time to do what I love. Thank you to any/all of you that bother to read this after my inexcusable back slide. If this is your first time reading this, welcome and thank you. <3 

17. Chapter 17 by heartwarr [Reviews - 2] (1858 words)

Here we go! Thanks for the kind welcome back! 

18. Chapter 18 by heartwarr [Reviews - 2] Liked (1189 words)

I've decided we're not leaving Georgia. Nothing seemed dumber to me than the fact they spend over a year not being able to travel more than a 40 mile radius, and suddenly, 500 miles was no big deal. So nah, keeping them in Georgia.

Two chapters in a day! This will probably be my last one before Monday. Have a good one, guys!

Thanks for the reviews, and enjoy!

19. Chapter 19 by heartwarr [Reviews - 2] Liked (1172 words)

Here's the next chapter. I'll try to squeek one more out before Thankgiving. Thanks so much for all of the positivity! <3

20. Chapter 20 by heartwarr [Reviews - 0] (1210 words)

Thanks for the lovely feedback!!! It's so much fun to write this! Here's another chapter.

It might be my last before the holiday, so to you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

21. Chapter 21 by heartwarr [Reviews - 3] (1026 words)

Here's another chapter. I'm getting close to drawing this one to a close. Hope you enjoy. :) 

22. Chapter 22 by heartwarr [Reviews - 3] Liked (1419 words)

THIS IS FINALLY the next to last chapter. FINALLY.

23. Chapter 23 by heartwarr [Reviews - 4] (1332 words)

This is it, the final chapter. Thank for everyone who read this, reviewed and had enough patience to read it again after I flaked.