[Reviews - 80] Liked
Summary:

"You got somethin' to say, you spit it out. No more goin' behind my back, writin' letters to women I ain't ever laid eyes on."


Rated: T
Categories: Alternate Universe, Family
Characters: Andrea Harrison
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No
Word count: 15751 Read: 5138
Published: November 04, 2015 Updated: August 31, 2021



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

So.  I'm doing this.  I'm really doing this, lol. 

Hi.  I'm Shae.  And I'm hopelessly addicted to TWD (coughCarylcough). 

So much so that I find myself writing stories about the characters in my head during my long commute to and from work, haha. 

This little story is about as AU as it gets, but no worries, because there are familiar faces everywhere, sometimes used in mysterious ways.  I apologize in advance for how my wacky brain works sometimes.  Well, let's go with full disclosure.  Most times.  Er, al the time. Laughing

So, I should probably stop rambling before this turns into a thesis (oh my goodness, this is slightly terrifying, lol), and just jump straight into the deep end. 

The first time is always the worst, right? 

Oh.  Before I go...obligatory disclaimer. 

Disclaimer:  I don't own any of the recognized characters from the Walking Dead. I'm just borrowing them for the purposes of this story. Any names you might not recognize, however, are my own creation. No infringement is intended, and I'm definitely not making any money off of the fruits of my nagging imagination. Which is entirely too bad because it doesn't sound like a bad way to make a living. Wink

 

 

 

1. Chapter 1 by Shae [Reviews - 17] Liked (955 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Shae [Reviews - 8] Liked (515 words)

I'm overwhelmed at how sweet and welcoming everybody has been.  Thank you so much. It means a lot. 

Here's the next chapter. It's a short one, but you get a little more Daryl and Merle interaction with the kids. 

Hope you enjoy. 

3. Chapter 3 by Shae [Reviews - 5] Liked (735 words)

So...I'm still getting the hang of this posting thing here.  I've tried and failed to add other characters besides Andrea.  Embarrassed  Better luck next time, maybe?  The Dixons reach the Greene farm.  Not exactly action packed (and too short to boot), but we're just getting started. 

4. Chapter 4 by Shae [Reviews - 4] Liked (761 words)

Hope the appearance from the littlest Greene didn't scare everybody off.  I'm going to go ahead and warn you, though, that won't be her last appearance.  Dodging Tomatoes

On to to better things... 

While Daryl and the rest of the Dixons are traveling to the Greene farm, Carol arrives and meets up with a few familiar faces in maybe some not so familiar roles. 

5. Chapter 5 by Shae [Reviews - 6] Liked (1064 words)

Carol comes across a few more familiar faces before meeting her new husband to be. 

6. Chapter 6 by Shae [Reviews - 5] Liked (1249 words)

Carol has a much needed heart to heart with a new friend.  Another familiar face shows up. 

7. Chapter 7 by Shae [Reviews - 8] Liked (2065 words)

We meet a couple more familiar faces as Andrea and Carol prepare for their jourey to the Greene farm and their new lives as Dixons. 

8. Chapter 8 by Shae [Reviews - 3] Liked (2104 words)

Meanwhile, at the Greene farm...

9. Chapter 9 by Shae [Reviews - 6] Liked (2868 words)

Sorry for the long wait. 

Mild language in this chapter. 

T and Daryl have a bit of a heart to heart. 

Mika makes a new friend. 

Daryl and Carol spend their first night in each other's company. 

 

10. Chapter 10 by Shae [Reviews - 6] Liked (1567 words)

It's the morning after their wedding night, and Daryl prepares to head home. 

11. Chapter 11 by Shae [Reviews - 7] Liked (976 words)

Oh, look.  It’s only been a year, lol, but look what I decided to dust off and post? 

 

Now this chapter isn’t the best, it never was, but I decided to go ahead and post it anyway because it’s been about 80% finished for 9 months out of that year and I realized I’m never going to love it, so.

 

Eh.  It's going to be buried and forgotten underneath the challenge fics anyway, lol.   

 

Nevertheless, here you go.  Hope you enjoy it. 

12. Chapter 12 by Shae [Reviews - 5] Liked (892 words)

You lovelies have Rose to thank for this hot garbage, lol.  

 

It's certainly not my best.  Definitely not the chapter I hoped to post for you so long ago--so long, long, long ago--but it's something.  And after going so long with nothing?  Being so painfully out of the groove of writing literally anything?  I'll take it.  

 

Hopefully you will, too.  

 

Nothing of any real consequence happens.  Enjoy it anyway?  Wink