[Reviews - 68] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

It's been more than a year since Rick left Carol behind with little but an old car and a few supplies. Daryl's search for her brings him to a small thriving community in the pine forests of Northern Georgia. 


Rated: M
Categories: Season 4, In Exile
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Action/Adventure, Baby Fic, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes
Word count: 93228 Read: 26614
Published: February 07, 2016 Updated: March 01, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

My rewrite of the events after Carol's banishment for an alternate take on 4B and onward. Very Caryl plus the usual suspects and some fun guests.

1. Chapter 1: Ain't Like That? by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 10] Liked (2008 words)

"I'm done lookin' for people." Daryl Dixon, S2 Ep. 8 Nebraska

2. Chapter 2: Congratulations by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (2289 words)

Carol and Daryl's reunion continues and we learn a little more about what brought her to the Fort.

Note: The residents of Fort Dixon know Carol as “Lori Dixon,” so that’s the name that they all use when they speak to her and think about her. 

3. Chapter 3: Wednesday's Child by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (6220 words)

A bit of a flashback for some explanation of how exactly Rose came to be; sweet smut warning. Enjoy!

4. Chapter 4: Paterfamilias and Consilium by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4804 words)

Daryl tries to get back in Carol's good graces while bonding with his daughter and finding his place in the new community. The arrival of an old friend prompts a flashback to the day Daryl learned of Carol's banishment and will also complicate all of their lives.

This is a long one, folks! It needed to accomplish a lot.

5. Chapter 5: Placing Faith by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3098 words)

Carl explains the events that unfolded for the Prison group after Daryl left them and reveals the reasons for his presence at Fort Dixon.

6. Chapter 6:The Twin Paradox by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (8245 words)

Hello all! A nice long chapter for you, full of babies and how they were made....

7. Chapter 7: Slim Chances by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2386 words)

As Carl prepares to leave, new arrivals mean baby names and an important decision for Daryl and Carol.

Thank you to all the readers enjoying this story; it's wonderful to hear from so many of you! Crossing my fingers as we go into the mid-season premiere that we get a little Caryl shout out...

8. Chapter 8: Time It Was by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3312 words)

Daryl and Carol start to deal with the implications of Rick and Michonne’s arrival and the effect it will have on all of their lives.

 

9. Chapter 9:"Dat dod dam Wick Gwimes" by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 4] Liked (3307 words)

Rick and Michonne meet the rest of the Dixon family in a confrontation that will bring truths to light and change lives.

10. Chapter 10: Interlude by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 5] Liked (2817 words)

Just a little together time for Caryl before I send him off with Carl and the others to search for Judith and Beth. Sigh. Smut warning.

For littleshelly0619 because she asked so nicely (and I have the day off today so I have time).

11. Chapter 11: Family Man by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 4] Liked (4627 words)

Everyone is dealing with the responsibilities of having a family in the walker apocalypse, pretty much scared spitless most of the time, (which is actually pretty much like all of the rest of us every day...) but getting by with a lot of help from their partners and friends.

12. Chapter 12: The Searchers by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3177 words)

Carol and Daryl cope with their forced separation as the search for the girls begins.

13. Chapter 13: Tears of Bone by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3846 words)

A bit of explanation about how Daryl & Co. found out where Scar was located by visiting an old friend and how Carol coped during her husband's long absence.

14. Chapter 14: The Straw Man by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (6374 words)

A longer chapter for you! More talk less action in this one as Vicki gets to work in separate talks with Carl, Michonne and Rick and Daryl finds a familiar face in the crowds outside her camp.

15. Chapter 15: Heart of Darkness by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (7922 words)

This rather long chapter is all about strong women and what they will do to help themselves and the ones they love survive.

B*th appearance warning. Implied sexual and physical abuse warning. Character death warning.

Sweet reunion smut warning.

16. Chapter 16: Ride by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4240 words)

We start with a flashback to Carol's first days alone after her exile and then see how Judith and Beth are adjusting to freedom after their ordeals.

17. Chapter 17: A Balm in Gilead by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 1] Liked (4133 words)

A balm is something that heals and soothes. Rick is a sick man, physically, mentally and in his soul. Finding something that will give him peace and wellness will be his "balm."

This chapter seems especially appropriate after the canonization of Richonne last night! Congratulations to all our fellow slow burn shippers!

18. Chapter 18: The Hall of the Mountain King by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4247 words)

With Daryl and company back from their long search to rescue Judith and Beth, the people of Fort Dixon try to get back to what has become normal life, but a series of crises, including Rick's deteriorating health and a threat to another member of the group reminds everyone that nothing will ever be normal again.

19. Chapter 19:One Strange Day by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 1] (3468 words)

The siege on the fort continues; with a series of surprising developments that will test the resources of the inhabitants of Fort Dixon.

20. Chapter 20: Hell, Heaven and Everything in Between by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3774 words)

When last we saw them, the residents of Fort Dixon were under siege by a group who seemed to be able to control a giant herd. They'd captured one of the attackers who'd been disguised as a walker and during interrogation he revealed that their leader was a religious fanatic known as Father G, who is under the impression that another old enemy, Scar, is in control of the fort.

21. Chapter 21: Sacraments by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4459 words)

A little time jump and we catch up with what's been happening at Fort Dixon.

22. Chapter 22: Safe Love by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (4475 words)

A last little look at the state of Caryl after all that. Sweet smut ahead.