[Reviews - 96] Liked
Summary:

Carol has made a good life for herself and her daughter Sophia; will her ex-husband's return change everything? Does she want it to?


Rated: M
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Sophia Peletier
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No
Word count: 44750 Read: 7015
Published: February 14, 2016 Updated: March 09, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Chapter 1 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 10] Liked (3253 words)

A surprise visit from someone she thought was out of her life complicates Carol's life and makes her rethink its possibilities.

 

2. Chapter 2 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 8] Liked (4639 words)

Daryl works hard at gaining Carol's trust, but the meeting with Sophia brings some big surprises that muddy the waters and make her think back to when they first met.

3. Chapter 3 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 8] Liked (4793 words)

A little time jump and we see how Carol and Sophia are adjusting to Daryl being back in their lives as some troubling issues are brought to their respective attention by others.

ASL = American Sign Language
pro bono = without charge

4. Chapter 4 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 8] Liked (3636 words)

Carol and Daryl have their important talk and Daryl learns disturbing news about Bob.

5. Chapter 5 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 14] Liked (2611 words)

Carol vs. Merle.

Cranking up the angst.

Sorry not sorry.

6. Chapter 6 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 6] Liked (3579 words)

Recap: Deeply in debt to some very bad people, Merle Dixon needed to convince his brother Daryl to return to their motorcycle team. Knowing his love for his nephew Sam, Merle tried to kidnap the baby, but finds him in the custody of Daryl's love, Carol, so decided to take them both.

We start with a brief flashback to the start of Carol and Daryl's relationship and then jump forward to the present, where the previous chapter left off.

7. Chapter 7 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 6] Liked (2627 words)

Couldn’t sleep. You get this. I’m sorry. High angst threshold ahead. 

Warning: Carol (I hope to god temporary) other pairing.

8. Chapter 8 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (4143 words)

Carol tries to come to terms with learning Daryl’s reasons for leaving and shutting her out of his life while Daryl tries to figure out how to get her to let him back in. It doesn’t go very well for either of them.

The (hopefully cathartic) angst fest continues.

Flashback Caryl sex.

9. Chapter 9 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 8] Liked (4302 words)

Flashback to another important moment in Daryl and Carol's early courtship and then back to the present where Carol lets nostalgia get her into a predicament and Daryl fucks up royally...

10. Chapter 10 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 6] Liked (3633 words)

Daryl meets Carol at the Greene's diner to talk.

Warning: Spoilers for 6:12 “Not Tomorrow Yet” referenced as plot points in this chapter (spun to be Caryl related) and in the end notes which kind of became a meta about Carol’s state of mind in the episode.

   

11. Chapter 11 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (3494 words)

Carol's friends worry about the change in her dating status; she and Daryl reenact "Guess who's coming to dinner?"; the Dixon brothers dabble in real estate; Carol breaks the news to Tobin and a secret comes to light in the worst possible way.

12. Chapter 12 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 8] Liked (4040 words)

Two chapters in one day, yay for you! I’m posting this tonight because I’ll be out of town with no computer for the next day or two.


 

Carol seeks answers about what she just witnessed and finds help in Jesus.

Not quite sure how to label this, but here goes!

 Sexual Content warning: Non Carol non Daryl involved M rated sexual content and voyeurism. You’ll understand it when you get to that part. Really.