[Reviews - 107] Liked
Summary:

After the events of "Last Day on Earth" Daryl Dixon is reckless and self-punishing, living on the edge. While on a dangerous secret message run from Alexandria to Hilltop, an unexpected encounter with two mysterious warriors on horseback takes him to a place known as the Kingdom, where he finds even more secrets await him.


Rated: M
Categories: Season 6
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Morgan Jones
Genres: Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No
Word count: 29633 Read: 11547
Published: April 05, 2016 Updated: July 24, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This wrote itself in my head when I was driving to work today. Wish fulfillment for anyone who is hoping for Caryl possibilities at Kingdom.

6/7 Interlude I guess?

1. Chapter 1: A Dark Place by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 28] Liked (2082 words)

And so it begins.

2. Chapter 2: The Sound of Silence by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 11] Liked (2812 words)

What happened at Carol and Morgan's arrival at Kingdom six months earlier and Carol's attempt to control the situation with Daryl's presence there in the present.

3. Chapter 3: The Peaceable Kingdom by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 15] Liked (3353 words)

More on how Carol got her job in the Kingdom as she has her interview with Ezekiel in a flash back; then Morgan tries to get Carol to see there’s a reason Daryl is back in her life and also delivers some news that will set her on a new course.

Note: The title refers to a famous 19th century painting by the artist Edward Hicks. http://folkart.org/mag/edward-hicks

NPS = National Parks Service

WPA = Works Progress Administration, as a “make work” program during the Great Depression in the 1930s, they built many of the NPS buildings.

4. Chapter 4: The Tin Man by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 10] Liked (2708 words)

We learn what Daryl had been doing in the months before he met up with Carol again and then return to where the last chapter left them...

5. Chapter 5: The world was on fire... by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (3344 words)

The morning after going to comfort him over their mutual loss, her feelings for Daryl have Carol reexamining how she handled the situation in Alexandria and Daryl surprises her with some pretty smooth moves.

Sexy times!

6. Chapter 6: "Goodbye to You" by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 11] Liked (2107 words)

Give Carol a “horse pet”?  Okay, MMB, I already did that—are you reading fan fic again? Totally squealed when she said that in the LA Times interview. 

This chapter begins immediately after the last.

 

7. Chapter 7: Ride by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 10] Liked (4825 words)

A little flash forward and then back to the end of the previous chapter as Daryl and Carol work to decide what exactly their relationship is going to be.

8. Chapter 8: What I’m Looking For by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (4749 words)

In this chapter everyone's looking for something. Some find it and hold on tight, while others may let it slip through their fingers...

Some good old Caryl smut herein.

9. Chapter 9: “Whither thou goest...” by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 8] Liked (3653 words)

Carol and Daryl come to town and are confronted by their past.