[Reviews - 31] Liked
Summary:

Three different endings for the finale. Spoilers.


Rated: M
Categories: Season 6
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Rick Grimes
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Domestic Abuse (Implied), Violence
Series: the dirt in which our roots may grow
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes
Word count: 3349 Read: 2214
Published: April 06, 2016 Updated: April 09, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

This story is part of a series of missing moments, and follows the true life (a blood-speckled constellation).

 

After watching the finale, I considered not writing anything about it for this series. I felt like I had nothing more to say about that mess. But in the spirit of finishing things, I decided to give it a go after my initial anger simmered down to disappointment.

Then I was faced with a bit of an issue: I started this series with the intention of writing canon compliant missing moments and extended scenes for every episode. Now, Carol's storyline this episode still makes me sick with anger and I don't want to write about it. I already wrote about Daryl and Carol's near-death experiences after being injured in the last part. And how is there a canon compliant way of writing about the ending of the episode, without ending it before Negan makes his 'choice'?

What I came up with is this: three different versions of the last few minutes of the episode, and then this series is over.

1. one: my final symphony by lilabut [Reviews - 12] Liked (1190 words)

Negan chooses Daryl.

2. two: many battles I have won by lilabut [Reviews - 5] Liked (1148 words)

Negan chooses someone else.

3. three: they carried me home by lilabut [Reviews - 14] Liked (1011 words)

Negan chooses Daryl. Carol is there to witness it.