[Reviews - 20] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

She seemed to melt a little more with each knuckle that he kissed, opening her fingers like an unfurling flower, and by the time his mouth caressed her palm, one pale leg had risen to slink over his hip and the heat of her settled over the small of his back.  “I been lookin’, Sweetheart.  You just ain’t been payin’ attention for shit.” 


Rated: M
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No
Word count: 9928 Read: 2912
Published: April 13, 2016 Updated: April 28, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Surprising absolutely no one, I have zilch-o willpower. Like nada.

My block is finally fading with YMO, but I feel like I've spoiled you with long chapters with that one, and it's taking me longer to write said longer chapters. I'm not in the right mindset to tackle The Wonder, and Ebb and between are giant angst-balls right now, and I don't know about you guys, but that finale gave me enough of that.

So you have this little fic. Shae's attempt at fluff, complete with short, manageable chapters that'll hopefully get the creative juices flowing a little better.

It's AU, of course, and everybody's a little scrambled up (just like I like it, lol). You'll find out more about Daryl's connections to everybody, and Carol's too, as chapters move along. Like I said, chapters of this fic will probably be short and sweet and hopefully to the point. I think it'll be fun. At least I hope so. I've had visions of this fic swirling around in my head for a couple weeks now, and I've had fun with it, lol.

We're starting in the middle (well...I'm still debating that...we might be closer to the end here; we'll see), and future chapters will jump around somewhat. I'll do my best to keep things clear, and if I don't, by all means tell me.

 

 

The title's not gonna win any awards, lol, but it'll make more sense as we get deeper into the story.

 

 

 

1. Chapter 1 by Shae [Reviews - 5] Liked (726 words)

I don't own any of these characters.  If I did, I'd treat them a little more kindly.  Wouldn't we all? 

2. Chapter 2 by Shae [Reviews - 1] Liked (1456 words)

This chapter revisits Daryl's past, roughly a dozen years back, and we meet up with a few familiar faces in some unfamiliar roles. 

Fair warning:  it turns out I like my fluff best with a pinch of angst added and stirred in.  M'Sorry.  Well, maybe not too sorry.  We'll pick back up with the fluffiness soon. 

To make it easier for you to recognize, all 'past' chapters will be in italics from now on.  I think I've settled on a pattern of 3-4 past chapters for every present day chapter, then we'll catch back up with our babies in that warm bed.  I figure this way we'll all get enough of that sweet sexiness, lol. 

 

3. Chapter 3 by Shae [Reviews - 3] Liked (1976 words)

A little more backstory for Daryl and the gang.  And Daryl meets a special someone for the first time.  Wink

4. Chapter 4 by Shae [Reviews - 2] Liked (1795 words)

Some more language in this one. 

 

Daryl meets up with some friends. 

5. Chapter 5 by Shae [Reviews - 3] Liked (1865 words)

Back to present day and that bed, lol. 

Some language, some very mild angst, and a bit of smuffiness.  Wink  Aka, smut/fluff mashup.  Or as close as Shae comfortably gets to smut. 

We're going to have to work on that, aren't we?  Because I have all kinds of smutty goodness planned for YMO, just so you know. 

6. Chapter 6 by Shae [Reviews - 6] Liked (2110 words)

Daryl (reluctantly) bonds with a certain baby girl, and Noah and the littlest Grimes have a cameo.