Print or Download Story:
Post 6x14. Alternative version of Season 7. Slow burn.
Healing is not an event. It is a process, a long road with bumps along the way. Although Carol needed to start the journey by herself, she eventually finds that it is better to have someone walking down the path with her.
Daryl will do whatever he can to help her, even when trouble back in Alexandria threatens to push them into war.
Categories: Season 6
, Season 7Characters: Carol
, RomanceWarnings: Adult Language
, Carol/Other (Temp)
October 07, 2016 Updated:
February 11, 2018
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
1. Prologue by RandomCat [Reviews - 11] (747 words)
This story was born out of the same thought process that led to "Good Enough," except in this version there's a lot more healing and a lot more Daryl.
2. The First 48 Hours by RandomCat [Reviews - 4] (3782 words)
You people are just too sweet. I gave you less than 800 words and got so much support in return.
So happy to hear people are interested. Thanks so much for reading this thing!!
3. A Place to Settle by RandomCat [Reviews - 8] (3287 words)
4. Gale Song by RandomCat [Reviews - 4] (4310 words)
Daryl's POV. Takes place before the Prologue and during Chapter 1. Title of this chapter comes from the song by The Lumineers of the same name.
5. The Agreement by RandomCat [Reviews - 8] (3265 words)
6. A Change of Plans by RandomCat [Reviews - 4] (4878 words)
So, I realize that the show is apparently still taking place in the summer. Not sure how that timeline works out, because they got to Alexandria in the summer and it's definitely been more than a few months since then...Anyway, long story short, I'm sticking with my 'winter is coming' timeframe!
7. War Looms by RandomCat [Reviews - 1] (4175 words)
Please note the rating change.
8. Ghosts by RandomCat [Reviews - 4] (3118 words)
9. Confession by the Creek by RandomCat [Reviews - 0] (5173 words)