[Reviews - 18] Liked
Summary:

Daryl asks Carol to be his recruiting partner. She has conditions. One shot. Set roughly after 5x13 "Forget". Starts with pushup contest between Daryl & Michonne & ends angsty, with Daryl asking Carol to recruit with him and watch his back. But Carol's not sure if her loss-tattered heart can bear that much proximity to the man she's come to love all too much.


Rated: T
Categories: Season 5, Family
Characters: Abraham Ford, Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Glenn Rhee, Maggie Greene Rhee, Rick Grimes
Genres: Drama, Dramedy, Fluffy/Comedy, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 5037 Read: 787
Published: December 19, 2016 Updated: December 19, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This started out as a way to examine all the reasons I thought Daryl and Carol would make a great recruiting team, but it turned out they were both trying to give each other a real home but hadn't had the leverage to make it work just yet. I had a nice time letting them both even the playing field with each other.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by Trogdor19 [Reviews - 18] Liked (5037 words)

Author's Note: This is set roughly after episode 5x13 Forget, when Daryl accepts the job as recruiter for Alexandria, but doesn't follow any canon events after that. Starts with a push up contest between a bunch of the group, so if you're not in the mood for fluff, maybe skip ahead to the porch part where it's just Daryl, Carol, a little bit of angst, two people who know each other all too well, and the nibbling possibility of a better future for both of them.