[Reviews - 83] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

Daryl is a rancher and also a Bull rider on the professional rodeo circuit. Carol is a PR person running the campaign for a new line of jean clothing called "Denim Dreams," for which she's been ordered to sign him up as spokesman, but their troubled past together could complicate matters...


Rated: M
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Glenn Rhee, Lori Grimes, Maggie Greene Rhee, Morgan Jones, Rick Grimes, Shane Walsh
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: No
Word count: 79514 Read: 9583
Published: February 20, 2017 Updated: August 10, 2017



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Some slight spoilers for 7.10, but it is an AU without walkers--well, not dead ones anyhow.

1. Chapter 1 by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 13] Liked (3878 words)

It had to be done.   

2. Chapter 2: Lemonade by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 6] Liked (3992 words)

Carol starts to experience rodeo life on the circuit, but someone from Daryl's past causes her to wonder if he has been up front with her about his intentions.

3. Chapter 3: The Key to my Heart by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 5] Liked (4046 words)

While the Denim Dreams sponsored rodeo team spend some time together bonding, the arrival of an old friend of Daryl's makes Carol question what he really wants.

4. Chapter 4: Bulls and Blood by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4346 words)

Baby sitting duties lead to a childhood Caryl flashback and then a day at the rodeo proves troublesome as both Carol and Daryl have to face some unwelcome truths.

Rodeo Terms:
Rough stock: animals used for the bucking events, sometimes specially bred for it 

Bullfighter: An athlete who protects the bull rider after he dismounts or is bucked off by distracting the bull and directing its attention to the exit gate, sometimes stepping between the bull and the bull rider

Covering: In the rough stock events, staying on for at least the minimum time, eight seconds: “He covered all three broncs he rode last weekend.” http://www.hotfair.com/p/events/prca-rodeo/222

 

 

 

5. Chapter 5: Promises, Promises by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2492 words)

Things are a bit tense between Carol and Daryl as she announces a new development in the Denim Dreams ad campaign strategy.

6. Chapter 6: Say Yes by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4531 words)

Daryl and Carol meet up with some old friends of his which prompts a flashback to an important night when they were kids.

7. Chapter 7: Almost Paradise by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3514 words)

Reminiscing leads to Carol and Daryl growing even closer.

Sweet smut alert.

8. Chapter 8: We Ain't Ashes by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (2952 words)

Daryl and Carol finally have the talk about what happened to her since he saw her last when they were children.

Note: SweetWater Brewing Company is a craft brewery located in Atlanta, GA. They named the brewery after kayaking down Sweetwater Creek, a tributary of the Chattahoochee River, in Georgia's Sweetwater Creek State Park located a few miles west of the brewery. The brewery also adopted the official motto "Don't Float the Mainstream" as a tribute to its namesake. The bottle that Daryl put the Cherokee Rose in for Carol in S2 was a SweetWater one.

9. Chapter 9:An Equal and Opposite Reaction by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (5015 words)

After Carol and Daryl run into trouble when they try to have a dinner date they grow closer, but when she is summoned to the office of the CEO of Savior's Western Wear, something may threaten that bond.

AN: Sorry I haven’t posted lately.  I have had a ton of grading to do.  Here’s an extra-long chapter to make up for it! 

Rocky Mountain Oysters are deep fried breaded bull's testicles.

 

10. Chapter 10: Beautiful Disaster by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 5] Liked (3962 words)

Inadvertent observations of their friends yields some surprises for Carol and Daryl while she tries to figure out how to deal with Negan’s bombshell edict about the Denim Dreams PR campaign.

Thank you to everyone who nominated this story for the Caryl Daily's 3rd Annual Caryl Fanfic Awards! I am honored.

11. Chapter 11: A Damn Romance Novel by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3550 words)

This chapter starts immediately after the previous one.

Starts with some sexy stuff.

12. Chapter 12: What We Lost in the Fire by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 4] Liked (2940 words)

While Paul Rovia's friends wait to hear about his condition, Carol and Daryl separately contemplate the state of their relationship after she revealed SWW boss Negan's plans for the DD Team PR campaign.

13. Chapter 13: “Nothing good ever happens..." by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2751 words)

Daryl and Carol take some time apart to sort out their feelings.

14. Chapter 14: Patterns by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2401 words)

Carol and Daryl start to work things through with a little help from their friends.

15. Chapter 15: The Truth is Out There... by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (5622 words)

This very full chapter starts almost immediately after the previous one.

Everyone pitches in to help take down the Pelletiers and rescue Sophia as Daryl finds some new allies.

16. Chapter 16: “Give me my sin again...” by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 4] Liked (3693 words)

Carol and Sophia are reunited, Daryl takes them home and Merle does a little matchmaking...

Thank you so much to those who nominated this for Featured Story of the Week! 

17. Chapter 17: Homecoming by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 1] Liked (2575 words)

Carol and Sophia are welcomed to the Dixon ranch.

18. Chapter 18: Phoenix by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3852 words)

At the Phoenix rodeo Daryl mulls over some important decisions about the future while Carol readjusts to having Sophia back living with her and considers what it means to her relationship with Dix.

19. Chapter 19: All In by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3025 words)

The ring: https://www.langantiques.com/vintage-engagement-rings/petite-diamond-solitare-ring.html

 

20. Chapter 20: Chasing Eight by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 1] Liked (2662 words)

Carol learns the truth about the dangerous bull Daryl drew, but not from him. 

21. Chapter 21: Devils by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 4] Liked (2905 words)

The showdown with Negan gets off to a surprise start.

For a nice explanation of the gear that bull riders wear and use, see: http://www.pbr.com/en/education/equipment.aspx

 Yes, I'm back! Thanks for giving this one a chance again.  

22. Chapter 22: Heartbreaker by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (4810 words)

Daryl’s ride on Diablo.

Rodeo Terms:
sunfishing
: the bull is completely off the ground and kicks either his hind feet or all four feet to the side in a twisting, rolling motion. 
Arm Jerker: an animal that bucks with a lot of power