[Reviews - 20] Liked
Summary:

A Caryl fic inspired by and starting just before the events of 7x10. I write with rotating POV between Carol and Daryl, and attempt to keep all characters in (current) canon as much as possible. This story is a reflection on the light, the life force in all of us, and what happens when Carol attempts to darken hers by retreating from the world and all she loves. It simply cannot work.


Rated: M
Categories: Season 7
Characters: Carol Peletier
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No
Word count: 7330 Read: 2598
Published: March 11, 2017 Updated: March 23, 2017



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Switchboard by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 4] Liked (688 words)

Carol has retreated from the world, in order to save an essential part of who she is. But what REALLY is the essence of a person? What keeps her going? 

2. Ghosts by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 2] Liked (857 words)

Daryl finds his way to Carol's doorstep, fleeing the darkness of the Saviors' cell and readjusting to the light, haunted by ghosts felt, and barely seen. 

3. Cobbler by Firelight by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 3] Liked (952 words)

What happened between dinner and the good-bye hug we saw at the end of 7X10? This chapter attempts to answer that question...

4. The Lady & the Tiger by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 2] Liked (1265 words)

I make an allusion to the classic tale of “The Lady & the Tiger” in this chapter, for reasons that should be obvious. It so happens I wrote a very short Caryl fic awhile back based on that fairytale, having no idea that Shiva existed in TWD world. Some of the sentiments from that earlier ff are echoed here. 

5. Starlight by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 4] Liked (1028 words)

Daryl can't sleep, but some things are finally becoming clearer to him. 

6. Trick of the Light by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 4] Liked (726 words)

I wrote this after viewing 7x12, which I really enjoyed, as painful as it was. Carol finally sets herself in motion, again. It's a painful journey, but it's necessary.

7. Near Dark by CeeCeeSings [Reviews - 1] (1814 words)

Daryl grapples with his guilt about his friend's death, and with what happens next for him, and his family.