[Reviews - 119] Liked
Summary:

The real story starts with a little girl lost in the woods.

 

Or, Daryl tells his daughter the story of how he met her mother. 

 

My response to the Nine Lives "Find Your G-Spot" June challenge.  Think The Princess Bride meets The Walking Dead.  Sort of, lol.  AU with appearances by multiple characters.  Rating subject to change. 


Rated: T
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: Sophia Peletier
Genres: Challenge Response
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No
Word count: 28473 Read: 6744
Published: June 25, 2017 Updated: October 10, 2017



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

So.  This is my first time trying one of these and already I'm a little bit of a failure, lol, because I didn't finish my story on time.  Even better, this isn't even my original story, but oh well.  This insistent little voice in my head (that sounds so wrong, hahaha) just wouldn't be silenced and time was tight so I decided to stop fighting it.  Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.  In other words, please accept my paltry offering.    

 

More chapters to come.  I'll reveal my list of words in the final chapter. 

 

This story is definitely AU.  Rating subject to change. 

 

I hope you enjoy the fruits of my wacky, overactive imagination.  Wink

1. Chapter 1 by Shae [Reviews - 7] Liked (779 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Shae [Reviews - 8] Liked (2766 words)

The story continues. 

3. Chapter 3 by Shae [Reviews - 9] (1706 words)

4. Chapter 4 by Shae [Reviews - 5] (1608 words)

Last chapter until the weekend.  Hope this tides you guys over.  Wink

5. Chapter 5 by Shae [Reviews - 5] Liked (907 words)

This one's a little different.  Hopefully, it's not too hard to follow.  And yeah.  I already know I have some explaining to do.  All in good time, my lovelies. All in good time.  Wink

6. Chapter 6 by Shae [Reviews - 7] Liked (1804 words)

I hope you guys are still enjoying this little story of mine because it just keeps growing, hahaha. 

 

 

7. Chapter 7 by Shae [Reviews - 7] Liked (2039 words)

Slowly but surely we're getting somewhere, lol. 

 

I meant to have this up last night, but I had one of my embarrassing mini-crises where nothing I write seems/reads good enough and I wasn't so sure anybody wanted to read more. 

 

That's passed for the time being thanks to a certain sweetheart talking me off of the ledge.  Unfortunately, this is the last chapter until at least Friday unless my work schedule is uncharacteristically light and I manage to fit some writing in. 

 

I hope you enjoy it. 

8. Chapter 8 by Shae [Reviews - 8] (648 words)

Because you guys have earned it, have a little Caryl interlude.  And I do mean little

 

A story within the story within the story, hahaha. 

 

Hopefully, it doesn't seem too rushed; I just needed a way to decompress after a long day and this is all I had time for.  Fingers crossed I don't read this tomorrow and wonder what the hell I was thinking, lol.   

 

Enjoy. 

9. Chapter 9 by Shae [Reviews - 8] Liked (2274 words)

So.  Remember when I said this story is 90% fluff?  It still is, we just have a few sprinkles of angst here and there because I'm Shae and that's how I operate.  Wink

 

Trust me, lovelies. 

 

Don't bail on me now.

 

Another new voice joins the story.  Hope he earns a few smiles. 

10. Chapter 10 by Shae [Reviews - 7] Liked (2364 words)

I'm so sorry for the delay on this.  My only excuse is that picture, that oh-so-lovely promo picture.  It totally scrambled my brain and made it near impossible for me to finish this, but I finally managed to thanks to this latest bout of insomnia, lol. 

 

Fingers crossed that this is not complete and utter crap and that you all are still reading. 

 

Picks up where the last chapter left off.  Let me know if there are any horrendous typos and I'll fix them.  First thing in the...well, first thing when I wake up, lol. 

11. Chapter 11 by Shae [Reviews - 8] Liked (1275 words)

RL calls and I must return to another grueling week of work (that's working in healthcare for you), but I wanted to post something for you lovelies before my 3-4 day hiatus. 

 

Have another Caryl interlude with a wee bit of Tara and another special guest. 

 

Enjoy.  Wink

12. Chapter 12 by Shae [Reviews - 6] Liked (2097 words)

Some Tara, some Merle, and we get a surprising peek into what's going on with Andrea (and Michonne, by extension).  All while Daryl's trying to continue his story to a little girl that just doesn't want to listen.   

 

Forgive me.  I don't even know with this chapter.  It's awful, lol.  One part just...I don't even know.  If it helps, it was more amusing than cringe-worthy in my head.  Just remember, we're talking preschool children, so.  Just forgive me.  Facepalm

 

P.S.  If you want an idea of how I picture little Gracie looking, I keep coming back to this little girl. 

 

http://shimmershae.tumblr.com/post/163147299423

13. Chapter 13 by Shae [Reviews - 8] Liked (3416 words)

Sorry this is so late.  I really wanted to enter the smut challenge, but my smut writing skills are hardly what you'd call skills, lol, and the little drabble set I was trying like mad to finish so I could post something (that I decided in the end not to publish because it was hardly smutty at all) took over my brain. 

 

But that's over now. I have a new chapter for you guys and just for making you wait, I made it longer. 

 

Not promising it's the best or anything, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.  Big Grin

14. Chapter 14 by Shae [Reviews - 6] (1341 words)

Another little Caryl interlude, more sweetness with a sprinkle of sadness because apparently, I'm evil like that.

 

Sorry.  I hope it doesn't detract from your enjoyment of this little snowballing story.  Seriously, it keeps growing and growing, lol.  Good thing I'm still having fun writing it.  I just hope you all are still having fun reading it. 

 

 

15. Chapter 15 by Shae [Reviews - 10] Liked (1511 words)

I'm so sorry for the delay with this chapter.  My muse and I have been butting heads, but I think we've finally achieved a truce, so yay!

 

This isn't the most exciting chapter--it's more filler than anything, gives some more background on the characters in this universe and their relationships with each other--and it's light on actual Caryl.  But that's because it kept growing and growing and I decided to split it into two chapters before it became a monster (not that I have a problem with long chapters, but some people do, and it's been a while so). 

 

I'll make it up to you next chapter. 

16. Chapter 16 by Shae [Reviews - 10] Liked (1938 words)

I'm so sorry this has taken so long. That was not the plan, I assure you.  But RL hit me in a big way.  I lost one of my favorite people in the whole universe unexpectedly almost a month ago now, and as a result, my mind and emotions have been all over the place as I've been trying to deal with my grief.  Things are slowly but surely getting better and tonight--well, it's technically tomorrow--I finally had a breakthrough and was able to pick this back up.

 

I'm not promising it's the best chapter, but it's something, HobxNob (thank you so much, by the way, for your sweet review).  And I don't know about you guys, but I've really missed Daddy Daryl and his baby girl.   

 

Mistakes, as usual, are all mine.  I've tried to proof this, but it's 2:33 a.m. and I've been up for 20+ hours, so.  Just let me know if there are any glaring ones, okay?  I'll go back and fix them at a later date. 

 

I hope you enjoy.