[Reviews - 22] Liked
Summary:

After Ezekiel’s death, Carol becomes the ruler of the kingdom. Daryl is Rick’s right hand man. They haven’t seen each other in months. This is how they fell apart and this is how they came back together. (Carol was never married to Ezekiel in any part of this story. He simply chooses her to rule.)

 


Rated: T
Categories: Post-Series
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Rick Grimes, Tara Chambler
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 7664 Read: 1604
Published: July 17, 2017 Updated: August 09, 2017



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own them.

I wrote a beautiful, poetic summary for this and then realized it sounded WAY too much like Carol and Ezekiel were married at one point. I'm very sad because I loved it a lot. 

Anyway... Please enjoy.

1. Chapter 1: an old scar by thekittenking [Reviews - 9] Liked (1608 words)

Daryl and Carol meet for the first time in months. 

Carol learns of her future position. 

2. i used to need you, you used to need me by thekittenking [Reviews - 5] Liked (1359 words)

Chapter title is from Allie X’s song “Need You.”

Before: Carol and Daryl share a moment in the quiet, painful aftermath of a tragedy

Now: Daryl visits Shiva

 

3. the one i love by thekittenking [Reviews - 2] (2053 words)

A/N: It’s been a week since my last update (whoops) so I hope this long(er) chapter makes up for it.

Summary

Before: Carol has a talk with Ezekiel and Daryl groups up with Carol, Tara, and Morgan (with some minor spoilers from the season 8 trailer)

Now: Daryl and Carol give their goodbyes and Daryl passes info along to Rick.

 

4. it has to end to begin by thekittenking [Reviews - 6] Liked (2644 words)

Summary:

Now-- Daryl and Rick meet up with Carol to discuss their new agreements.

Before: Rick has news for the group.

A/N: Title comes from Sia’s “Numb.” A bit of an inspiration for this chapter.