[Reviews - 2] Liked
Summary:

Synesthesia speaks to one character’s past and has a unique impact on her future, while the other struggles to accept his unwanted calling. Together they experience the mysteries not just of the Apocalypse, but of fate. The cause and possible cure of both the ZA and their wounded hearts.

Channels some Cinderella & Frankenstein. Add X-Files and dead army stuff and Outbreak. Throw in original action, adventure, mysterious happenings, and a developing love story, and you’ll start to get the idea??? Lol.

They aren't together yet in this chapter, but it's important, and they'll see each other soon!

This is going to be a full-length novel.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. All rights reversed. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.


Rated: M
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Original Character(s)
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Child Abuse, Domestic Abuse (Implied), Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No
Word count: 2612 Read: 127
Published: August 01, 2017 Updated: August 01, 2017



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This is going to be a full-length novel. One in a series of three. I’ll be putting the first out for you here, a chapter or two at a time. For the next month or two. All as soon as I can. To me, two or three of these chapters as they’ll appear on the site, are probably a traditional book chapter, but I don’t see it matters much.

Heads up: In this universe, they're not walkers, they’re ‘Rex.

Dystopian. Has a literary-fairy-tale mashup element, but then contemporary. Later there’s also a lot of medical, Sci-Fi-type, stuff that’s missing from TWD. Doctors and research and trying to find out what the hell is going on. Government bad guys and hopefully some different kinds of villains beyond the stream of constant same-ol-progressively more sadistic-and goofy-psychopaths we’re seeing on the show.

As well, here our characters are slightly younger, for specific story purposes, and their lives are not a mirror of the show, though you should (hopefully) recognize them as being directly-inspired.

1. Chapter 1 by adistantfire [Reviews - 2] Liked (2612 words)

In the dark woods, a hunter, a bird, and the dead

Opening's deliberately intended to read like/give the impression of a fairy-tale, but within a chapter, you’ll see it’s firmly in a modern setting.