Print or Download Story:
Another collection of 100 word drabbles.
Everybody stand up and cheer, lol.
, Season 1
, Season 2
, Season 2/3 Interlude
, Season 3
, Season 3/4 Interlude
, Season 4
, Season 4/5 Interlude
, Season 5
, Season 5/6 Interlude
, Season 6
, Season 6/7 Interlude
, Season 7
, In Exile
, Alternate Universe
, Baby FicCharacters:
Genres: RomanceWarnings: Adult Language
September 13, 2017 Updated:
December 17, 2017
Because I wasn’t lying in the least when I told you guys I was pretty much addicted to these 100 word drabbles now, hahaha. Any prompt that inspires me to write more than 100 words about it? Well, it’s going to be a part of Something To Talk About. And if it really inspires me–which we hope not because I have too many stories up in the air already, lol–it’s going to be its own one shot or chaptered story.
1. "Stop acting like a child!" by Shae [Reviews - 3] (105 words)
Season 3ish. Carol helps Daryl get ready for Glenn and Maggie’s wedding.
2. "Retrace your steps." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (104 words)
Season 3, the Prison. Carol’s lost something very important to her.
3. "You don't have to worry. I'm here." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (106 words)
Season 7. What if Daryl didn’t escape from the Sanctuary? What if Rick and the gang were too late?
4. "Don't you just wanna reach out and touch it?" by Shae [Reviews - 2] (113 words)
Season 8 wishful thinking. Just a little moment shared between Carol and Tara–and Daryl. Still not sure if that’s candy in Tara’s mouth in the preview or not, but for the purposes of this little drabble, we’re gonna say it is.
5. "I said movie day. Not moving day." by Shae [Reviews - 1] (104 words)
Awkwardly adorable AU teen Caryl.
6. "Fine. Go out with your friends. I hope you have fun." by Shae [Reviews - 4] (108 words)
Married Caryl AU. Fluff, basically.
7. "That's hot! Hot! Hot!" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (106 words)
Well, hahaha. Really, it’s Daryl + Sophia with Carol acting as witness. Obviously AU.
8. "What the hell did you do to my car?" by Shae [Reviews - 2] (108 words)
Married Caryl AU in which Daryl’s basically raised Sophia. Sophia and Carl are teens.
9. "We've been married for years and you won't even help me--" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (103 words)
More married Caryl AU. Silliness.
10. "Do it now. Or we won't have sex for a month." by Shae [Reviews - 1] (102 words)
Yet another married Caryl AU. Because I need some silliness to brighten my somber mood.
11. "Did you change all the clocks?" by Shae [Reviews - 2] (110 words)
Yet another married Caryl AU. This time married straight out of high school, church mouse poor Caryl–even though I didn’t have enough words to tell you that, lol. Daryl forgets an important date.
Last one for tonight. Er, morning. Tough crowd.
12. "It's not a toy. It's an action figure." by Shae [Reviews - 1] (110 words)
I fibbed earlier. Thanks, Insomnia. Ugh. Anyway. This really is the last one. For now.
Caryl-ish, lol. Post Season 6 AU. You’ll figure out why. A little friendly debate around a campfire.
13. "Are we lost?" by Shae [Reviews - 1] (102 words)
Canon-divergence AU, post Season 2. Daryl found Sophia but the group still had to eventually flee the Farm. To be continued and expanded, because this little snippet isn’t enough for all the ideas suddenly bouncing around in my brain like pinballs, lol. Sorry.
It doesn’t seem like Caryl now, but it most definitely is.
14. "Don't tell me to stop. You ain't my damn mama." by Shae [Reviews - 1] (108 words)
I modified the prompt to more Daryl speak, but here you go. Season 5. Daryl doesn’t react well to a suggestion of Carol’s, lol.
15. "Where would I be without you?" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (101 words)
So. I’m not sure exactly when to set this one? Maybe Season 6 before they really started drifting apart? Maybe sooner, maybe later. It honestly doesn’t have to have a firm setting, though, since I’m pretty sure they’ve saved each other in countless little and big ways since they met.
16. "You ran over my foot!" by Shae [Reviews - 1] (109 words)
Caryl AU. A chance encounter.
17. "I'm like the Hulk!" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (104 words)
Post-series fic with appearance by Maggie and Little Hershel. As for the likelihood of the kidlet even having certain knowledge, just remember Aunt Tara is most likely well-versed in such matters. ;)
18. "Take out the trash or so help me God!" by Shae [Reviews - 1] (112 words)
Married Caryl AU silliness strikes again. This time with an added dash of off-screen Merle + Andrea.
19. "Do we have a spare?" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (108 words)
But it’s a different kind of Caryl (or is it?). Thinking about expanding on this one in future installments because this one gives me all the ideas, hahaha. Let me know if that’s something you lovelies would be interested in.
Rick cashes in on a favor from Daryl and our boy Dixon’s not too happy about it.
20. "You know I don't like when the power goes out." by Shae [Reviews - 2] (106 words)
This isn’t my favorite. I wrote 2/3’s of it nearly a week ago and just came back to it tonight, so it doesn’t even follow my original plan. But I hope you enjoy it anyway. ;)
Any timeline could work here. IMHO. Enjoy!
21. "Babe, that's my---" by Shae [Reviews - 1] (112 words)
Because apparently I’m an utter sucker for it, hahaha, married Caryl AU. Fun with pet names.
22. "Ain't tellin' you how I lost my virginity. Nope." by Shae [Reviews - 2] (110 words)
Hmm. So. I’m thinking Season 3ish for this one. You know. That magical timeline where Daryl obviously has some sort of comfort level with Carol, but he still blushes when she flirts and throws innuendo at him, hahaha.
On a run together, Carol and Daryl end up trapped. Carol being Carol wants to learn more about our reticent redneck.
To be continued. Maybe?
23. "Shopping? For eight hours?!" by Shae [Reviews - 2] (107 words)
AU where Carol is married to Ed but having an affair with Daryl.
24. "Show me your texts or it's over." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (111 words)
Post Season 8 future fic, when shit’s settled, and they have time to do stuff like this (provided they still have things like solar panels and tvs).
A little unbelievable? Yeah. But go with it, lol.
25. "I just had a couple drinks." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (113 words)
What if Daryl had made it to Deanna’s party in Season 6? What if, instead of that undercover, invisible Junior Leaguer stuff, Carol decided to make one last effort to start over and try and she wore something sleek and sexy to the party? Let her hair down and enjoyed some of the refreshments?
To be continued?
26. "Why haven't they invented bowling on ice?" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (107 words)
This one’s pretty pointless. But honestly? The prompt was pretty pointless, lol. Three buzzed friends sharing pointless conversation. AU.
27. "Take notes. Watch and learn." by Shae [Reviews - 1] (101 words)
Follows “Do we have a spare?" The AU in which Daryl and Carol are trapped together on a little road trip of sorts. All thanks to Rick.
Stuck on the side of the road, where do they go from here? To be continued again. Probably. If there’s interest.
28. "You hit me!" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (107 words)
AU. Carol and Daryl have some fun with laser tag. Well. Daryl does, hahaha.
29. "You lost. But you're still *my* little winner." by Shae [Reviews - 2] (105 words)
Married Caryl AU. Sophia enters a beauty pageant. She loses but still manages to win.
Because I have a soft spot for (Step)Daddy Daryl.
30. "It's not hard...that's what she said." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (103 words)
I like to think, had the circumstances around their trek to Washington been different and that exchange at Grady gone off without a hitch, Glenn and Tara would have seized the chance to be Caryl’s biggest cheerleaders and give them a helpful little push in the right direction.
Season 5 AU.
To be continued in later installments because I ran out of words, hahaha.
31. "You spent how much?!" by Shae [Reviews - 2] (105 words)
Married AU Caryl. Apparently, my favorite to write, hahaha. Daryl’s really taking this Daddy stuff to heart.
32. "You stayed home last weekend. Come on. You're coming this time." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (107 words)
Because my girl Carol deserves female friends.
Pre-Caryl because this looks to be another to be continued drabble, hahaha. AU obviously.
33. "Did you just fart? Because you're blowing me away." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (102 words)
What else could I write with this prompt but this? LOL.
Some drinking, some snuggling, and some very bad pick up lines around a campfire.
34. "No. You're not 'fixing' it again. Call a plumber." by Shae [Reviews - 1] (108 words)
And the married Caryl AU silliness continues. Yeah. I’m a sucker.
35. "239 DVDs and yet nothing to watch." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (109 words)
Hmm. Sometime in Season 6ish. Let’s just pretend they never grew apart. Carol still played her whole Junior League role, but with her family? And Daryl especially? She was her real self and she started the slow process of healing with Daryl by her side every step of the way. Alternatively, Shae visits the land of Hopes and Unfulfilled Dreams again, lol.
36. "Is it too late to say...celery?" by Shae [Reviews - 0] (102 words)
AU. Daryl’s had a thing for Carol for years. He finally acts on it. Three guesses who stumbles upon the immediate aftermath, hahaha.
37. "I have a headache. Be nice for once." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (102 words)
AU. With a little bit of You’ve Got Mail-ish flair, hahaha, but different because hello. It’s Caryl.
38. "If I were famous...oh, wait. I am." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (106 words)
Teen Caryl AU. Two friends in the awkward throes of beginning something more.
39. "I don't know why I married you." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (105 words)
A little nonsensical teasing between two married people. That’s it. The best non-description I can manage right now because everything is crap, hahaha.
40. "You're sitting in front of a space heater in the middle of summer..." by Shae [Reviews - 0] (105 words)
Caryl married AU.