[Reviews - 29] Liked
Summary:

Finding Carol in the slaughterhouse was the end of it, or so Daryl thought. But things are much worse though he could have ever imagined ... the unexpected return of someone from her past could be the final blow that breaks her. Can he help her hold on?

AU around the time frame of "The Same Boat". Also, implied timeline/storyline liberties taken in earlier season.


Rated: M
Categories: Nine Lives Challenge, Season 6, Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Challenge Response, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Domestic Abuse (Implied), Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes
Word count: 14444 Read: 3137
Published: October 21, 2017 Updated: November 21, 2017



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Squares used: Strawberries, Popcorn, Confessions, A shower, Snuggling for warmth

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Pic made by Nuttymcnut on DeviantArt.

Fic inspired by/titled after "When it's Over" by Raign.

1. Chapter 1 by Marie1063 [Reviews - 11] Liked (5788 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Marie1063 [Reviews - 5] Liked (2662 words)

So I split up what was going to be 1 last chapter into 2. I needed more time to resolve all of the angst I created in the first chapter. I promise this one is less angsty and more concentrated on the feels; I will dig them out of their pit of woe.

Chapter inspired by the song "Fade" by Lewis Capaldi. I'm in LOVE with this song!

3. Chapter 3 by Marie1063 [Reviews - 5] Liked (3159 words)

Sorry for the delay in updating, real life decided to dump itself all over me the past week and then my muse went to play hide and seek. But I found her ... thankfully.

*Smut warning* lolHeart

Chapter inspired by "Tangled up in you" by Staind.

4. Chapter 4 by Marie1063 [Reviews - 8] Liked (2835 words)

Last part everyone (really, this time.) The much-awaited talk is here, I hope it's everything you'd hoped for...if not, feel free to start throwing the tomatoes, lol.

Chapter inspired by the song "Love me like I'm not made of stone" by Lykke Li. PLEASE listen to it! This song is amazing and full of feels Heart.