[Reviews - 85] Liked
Summary:

Michonne is worried because Daryl is withdrawn and depressed. Carol is the new leader of the Kingdom. Michonne decides to send Daryl on a mission to the Kingdom to see if that will cheer him up.


Rated: T
Categories: Season 8
Characters: Henry
Genres: Dramedy
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes
Word count: 54779 Read: 9605
Published: December 20, 2017 Updated: September 21, 2018



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This story is set after the end of the war. All the communities are rebuilding and life is moving on. Daryl's not happy and Michonne recognizes that she needs to give him a push in the right direction. The right direction being east toward the Kingdom and Carol.

1. Lining up the Stars by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 14] Liked (2384 words)

Daryl takes a journey to visit an old friend.

2. The Infinite Meadow of Heaven by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 5] Liked (3352 words)

Daryl arrives at the Kingdom and Carol tries to make him feel at home.

3. The Sight of the Stars by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 2] Liked (3034 words)

Daryl and Rick go on a run.

4. North Star by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 4] Liked (3071 words)

Carol spends her day with Michonne and Maggie. Daryl makes a move.

5. Settling by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 5] Liked (4366 words)

Carol opens the door fo the Kingdom to the citizens of Hilltop. She makes a few decisions that have lasting consequences. She goes on a run with Daryl.

6. Turn Those Scars to Stars by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 5] Liked (2071 words)

Daryl and Carol reminicise about their past and make a plan about their future

7. Set Your Course by the Stars by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 6] (4409 words)

Daryl gives Carol some news that she doesn't like but they carve out a little together time.

8. It Is Not in The Starts to Control Our Destiny But in Ourselves by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 2] (3854 words)

Daryl and his group begin to search for the mysterious steel building. You might need to know that "Lost" is my favorite televison program. Just saying.

9. The Past, the Future by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 2] (2269 words)

Daryl has a heart to heart with a dead man. 

10. Aligning by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 3] (3311 words)

Daryl takes a step toward leadership and old bonds strenthen.

11. We Are All Stars by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 3] Liked (2656 words)

Daryl has a very good day.

12. The Wheel Turns by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 4] Liked (2271 words)

Carol and Grace visit with Michonne and Judith in Alexandria.

13. No Good Deed Goes Unpunished by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 3] Liked (2576 words)

Carol and Michonne meet with Negan and learn his terms for their release.

14. The Hunt is On by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 2] Liked (2487 words)

Daryl finds out that Carol has been kidnapped.

15. Worst Case Scenario by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 3] Liked (2852 words)

Carol and Michonne consider their options. Do they attempt to escape Negan's evil clutches? Or do they wait to be rescued?

16. Covergence by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 6] Liked (3615 words)

Carol finds out more about New Salem and gives Deborah some good advice. Daryl finds a new community.

17. Redemption by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 6] Liked (2096 words)

Carol and Daryl make some decisions.

18. Confrontation by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 5] Liked (2578 words)

The battle for New Salem begins. Carol channels her inner warrior and Daryl makes a promise to an old enemy.

19. The Way Things Were Meant to Be by Booksrbetter [Reviews - 5] Liked (1527 words)

Three is a time jump here and Carol reflects back on the last year. This is the final chapter on this  story.