[Reviews - 5] Liked
Summary:

You'd think that with the end of the world, people would have stopped taking chances on long shots and maybes and just left him the hell alone. Because despite trying to keep the others at an arm's length, Rick, Glenn, Dale, Carol – the lot of them had only started to gravitate closer. After the CDC and the highway it had gotten worse. He wasn't sure how, or even why, but he couldn't for the life of him figure out how to make it stop. …How he could stop.


Rated: M
Categories: Season 2, Season 2/3 Interlude
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4928 Read: 1696
Published: July 07, 2014 Updated: July 07, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own AMC's The Walking Dead or any of its characters, wishful thinking aside.

Authors Note #1: This story centers on what might have happened during the winter between Daryl and the group. Revolving around the aspect of touch in regards to Daryl and his past. I have noticed that people touching Daryl and Daryl doing the same is a major character development that seems to have sprung up during the winter. In the first season and most of the second Daryl did not seek out physical contact and indeed went out of his way to avoid it. Often flinching away at sudden movements and raised voices. This fic explores how that habit and the reasons behind it changed during the winter.

Warnings: Contains some season three spoilers, references to Daryl's past, adult language, minor allusions to possible child abuse, neglect, and mature content.

1. Chapter 1 by The Readers Muse [Reviews - 2] Liked (1274 words)

2. Chapter 2 by The Readers Muse [Reviews - 0] Liked (1588 words)

3. Chapter 3 by The Readers Muse [Reviews - 3] Liked (2066 words)