[Reviews - 12] Liked
Summary:

She’s never been with someone who wants to learn her.


Rated: M
Categories: Season 4
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 3489 Read: 1818
Published: January 20, 2014 Updated: January 20, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

So this story should really be called "Five things that surprise Carol about being in a relationship with Daryl," but that sounded super long and clunky to me, so I didn't call it that. Good story, yeah? This fic started out as a slightly tweaked prompt from a lovely anon, but since I always use song lyrics as motivation, I’m also using it as my submission to the USS Caryl fanfiction/fanart challenge. The lyrics that got me started were the following, from “We Remain,” by Christina Aguilera: “So burn me with fire / drown me with rain / I’m gonna wake up / screaming your name” However, the lyrics that really wind in and out of everything I wrote here are these, from “The Story,” by Brandi Carlile: “Because even when I was flat broke / you made me feel like a million bucks, you do” The title is taken from "Human Touch," by Bruce Springsteen. On the off chance you don't know this song, I can only urge you to remedy that;) Giant thanks to adrenalin211 for the beta and all the encouragement. And a general huge shoutout/lovefest/group hug to all the Carol/Caryl lovers out there who are hurting and cursing and screaming and raging through this storyline with me. You guys are the best.

1. Chapter 1 by leigh57 [Reviews - 12] Liked (3489 words)