[Reviews - 11] Liked
Summary:

He hadn't been able to stop the flinch, to soften the squint and twisted expression as she picked her way through the bloody grass. Every muscle stiffened - drawing tight and protective – uncertain of what to do with himself as the scent of her rose, crisp and surprisingly clean in his most basic of senses.


Rated: T
Categories: Oneshot, Pre-Series, Season 1, Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Merle
Genres: Angst, Drama, POV, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Carol/Other (Temp), Child Abuse, Violence
Series: 'Soul Script' Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 2029 Read: 748
Published: August 15, 2014 Updated: August 15, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own AMC's The Walking Dead or any of its characters, wishful thinking aside.

 

Authors Note #1: A companion piece to "I am destruction (decay and desire)" – which is Carol's pov of view on the same event, as described below.

 

Warnings: Like my first soul bond story, this drabble will touch on elements of the 'soul mate,' 'fated,' 'one love bond' idea, only this one is a bit different - centering around the idea of 'identifying marks.' The premise is that your soul mate's first words to you are tattooed somewhere on your body. *Contains: pre-series-canon season one, adult language, young!daryl, mild adult content, references to Daryl's past (child abuse, violence, neglect and Merle), very vague reference to possible non-consent. Pointed references into ingrained homophobia and stubborn idiots that won't love each other even though they should.

1. Chapter 1 by The Readers Muse [Reviews - 11] Liked (2029 words)