[Reviews - 91] Liked
Summary:

How do you find the will to try and start over again and again? Carol struggles to find strength in the many challenges of her life.


Rated: M
Categories: Pre-Series, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5
Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Rape (Actual), Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes
Word count: 25465 Read: 10376
Published: November 22, 2014 Updated: January 17, 2015



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This story examines Carol's life before the Turn and the experiences that shape her character.  Be aware that there are references to physical and sexual abuse.  Lyrics for the title and chapters are from the song "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac.  I always think of Carol when I hear it.

Carol and Daryl are not my creations or property.  No profit was made from the writing or distribution of this work.

1. Mirror in the sky, what is love? by Lamport [Reviews - 13] Liked (2519 words)

Part 1 - This is the longest fic I've ever written.  I hope you enjoy it.  Feedback is always appreciated.  

2. Can the child within my heart rise above? by Lamport [Reviews - 6] Liked (3002 words)

Part 2 - Knocking her down and building her up.  Learning to fire a gun is hard work.  Enjoy!

3. Can I sail through the changing ocean tides? by Lamport [Reviews - 8] Liked (2734 words)

Part 3 - Carol questions her faith and comes to understand what she can rely on.

4. Can I handle the seasons of my life? by Lamport [Reviews - 5] Liked (2757 words)

Part 4 - Things get worse before they get better.  Thanks for all of the love for this fic! 

5. I've been afraid of changing by Lamport [Reviews - 6] Liked (1943 words)

Part 5 - Banishment and a bump in the road.  More Carol than Caryl this chapter, but lots to come in the next one. I re watched Indifference for this *shudders*

6. Cause I built my life around you by Lamport [Reviews - 6] Liked (2271 words)

Part 6 - A night at the shelter, a moment with Beth, and an unexpected sexual re-awakening.  Beth is in this chapter for those of you who want to avoid her.

7. But time makes you bolder by Lamport [Reviews - 8] Liked (2469 words)

Part 7 - The end of Atlanta and the begninning of the end of the world.  Plans never go off without a hitch.

8. Even children get older by Lamport [Reviews - 9] Liked (3481 words)

Part 8 - Things come to a head outside a diner.

Major thanks to my awesome beta Stephtron312 for her helpful suggestions and support.  If you haven't read her story "Burn" go do that now.  Seriously, I'll wait...

This chapter contains an explicit description of domestic violence, as well as implied sexual abuse towards a child.  Angsty waters ahead.

9. And I'm getting older too by Lamport [Reviews - 7] Liked (2068 words)

Part 9- Secrets are revealed.

Many thanks to Stephtron312 for her help with this chapter.  Enjoy!

10. I took my love, and took it down by Lamport [Reviews - 23] Liked (2221 words)

Part 10 - The landslide

The conclusion of this story.  Thanks to Stephtron312 for her keen eye and encouraging words.  I listened to "Landslide" (Feetwood Mac), "Love Lost" (the acoustic version by Temper Trap), and "Glitter in the Air" (Pink) on a loop while writing this.  If you like a little soundtrack for your reading pleasure, I highly recommend them.