[Reviews - 7] Liked
Summary:

An exploration of Daryl's mental state, using his archery skills as metaphor, from after the fall of the prison through to his reunion with the survivors.

 


Rated: T
Categories: Oneshot, Season 4, Season 5
Characters: Beth Greene, Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 1687 Read: 392
Published: November 29, 2014 Updated: November 29, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Target Panic by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (1687 words)

I heard the term “target panic” for the first time on the radio this morning and it really struck me how well it fit what happened to Daryl after the prison fell. It’s a psychological condition that causes an archer to release an arrow prematurely before properly sighting the target. (See a more complete definition in the end notes)

I thought it made a good metaphor on which to base this one shot. Other metas have commented on how Daryl lost his bow skills and was unable to kill small game after the prison fell while he was with B*th, but successfully brought back a whole string of squirrels (used for comic effect in their interactions with Father Gabriel) after his reunion with Carol & the group.

Timeline: starts between the events of "Still" & "Alone" with B*th and continues through the rest of 4B through the start of S5A "Strangers."