[Reviews - 22] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

Carol nodded and went into the kitchen before she let the tears fill her eyes. After she stood by the sink for a few minutes, she poured herself an entire glass of water, drank it down in a few gulps, and then rummaged through the miscellaneous drawer for a piece of paper and a pen. On the paper she just wrote, I have no idea how to thank you. ~C.


Rated: M
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Sophia Peletier
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 6090 Read: 1019
Published: December 26, 2014 Updated: December 26, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This is an AU I wrote for the Caryler secret Santa challenge on tumblr. I don't usually do AUs, so it's unfamiliar territory for me. The Daryl in this story is different from the Daryl on the show in some ways, mainly because my backstory headcanon for this AU is that while he still grew up in a horrible, abusive home, he's made his way out of that situation and managed to create a successful life for himself.

There are also various mentions of domestic abuse in this story. If that bothers you, please do not read further.

The title is taken from the lovely Sufjan Stevens song, "Christmas in the Room."

1. Chapter 1 by leigh57 [Reviews - 22] Liked (6090 words)