[Reviews - 27] Liked
Summary:

She woke up slowly to the taste of salt and old linen. Breasts aching, full in a way that she was already an old hand at recognizing. Maternal and timely with the knowledge that there would likely be a hungry little one burbling and spitting himself awake sooner rather than later for his breakfast.


Rated: E
Categories: Season 5/6 Interlude, Baby Fic
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Baby Fic, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, POV, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes
Word count: 3967 Read: 2700
Published: April 10, 2015 Updated: April 17, 2015



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I don't own AMC's The Walking Dead or any of its characters, wishful thinking aside.

Authors Note #1: For the USS Caryl's "All Good things must come to an end" fanfiction/fanart challenge. I chose the "Caryl baby" option.

Warnings: Contains general spoilers for all five seasons, adult language and mature content, mild smut, Daryl's shitty childhood and Carol dealing with the loss of a child in Sophia and wading through her own emotions of bringing an unexpected child into the world. Clear references to: semi-established relationship, past domestic violence, spousal abuse, child abuse, vague allusions to abortion-related thoughts, as well as touching on the idea of abandonment and what it means to have a baby at the end of the world.

1. Chapter 1 by The Readers Muse [Reviews - 13] Liked (1592 words)

2. Chapter 2 by The Readers Muse [Reviews - 14] Liked (2375 words)