Hello everyone! Welcome to the Writing Resources section. This hub of linkticious awesomeness is compiled of the many resources used by several members of the admin team and many of our most prolific authors. We hope it helps you as much as it has helped us!
We’ve compiled this list of online resources with the assumption that you want:
- your fanfic to be the best you can make it, and
- your writing to improve over time.
The groupings below include not only writing tips and tools, but resources for digging out those details that will enhance your story.
Please be advised: this section is a Work In Progress. Be patient and bear with us as we get everything uploaded. (And feel free to PM an admin any links you might think should be included here!)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Writing 101: Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation
- Word Usage (includes some resources for non-native English writers)
- Outlining/Plotting/Planning Your Story
- Character Development
- Writing Dialogue
- Scene Construction
- Point of View
- Dealing with Writer's Block
- Research: Using the Internet
- TWD Specific Links
- Post-Apocalypse Realities: Survival and Homesteading Skills
- Tools & Software
- Random Useful Things
- Beta Readers 101
- For Further Reading: Books on Writing