[Reviews - 6] Liked
Summary:

Carol is leaving Alexandria and her family, for good. This time she means not to be interrupted, get caught or side-tracked. Though she doesn't know it, the walled community is saying farewell in its own way, with a last little tribute to the already departed, and to her as she's departing. Carol-centric.


Rated: M
Categories: Oneshot, Season 6
Characters: Carol Peletier
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Carol/Other (Temp)
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 809 Read: 359
Published: April 22, 2016 Updated: April 22, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This piece - or rather the sombre note and the themes I used throughout - have been haunting me since the finale. I needed to get a little Carol angst out of my system, hehe.

The meaning of flowers is something I researched a bit specifically to use here; poppies, as interpreted in Victorian times long gone, mean "eternal sleep and oblivion", while anemones have a varied mix of meanings, some of which include "forsaken love, and the death of a loved one", which is why I chose these two flowers specifically. Insert own interpretation as to which character(s) / situation(s) these apply here, I leave it entirely up to you.

Quote at the beginning, as always, lyrics: by Daugter. 

Thanks for reading.

1. Chapter 1 by Vesper [Reviews - 6] Liked (809 words)

Please note this chapter contains references to psychological trauma and a sex scene (non-graphic) used as a way to set the tone and mindset of the character; it is written in a way that may or may not come across as somewhat ambiguous in consent, so if you are sensitive to this nature of reads, however brief, proceed with caution. In fact, the reason why this work is rated M is not due to a graphic nature of either violence or sex, but due to situations decribed within which could act as a trigger, and I wouldn't want to cause anyone upset.