[Reviews - 41] Liked
Summary:

main banner

Hunger Games AU “As a reminder that the power of the Capitol extends over everyone, this year the tributes will be reaped from all citizens regardless of age. There will be no volunteers.”

It is the 100th Hunger Games and 4th Quarter Quell. District 11 citizen, Daryl Dixon, has been in love with previous winner Carol Peletier for as long as he can remember. But now he has to make the ultimate choice; save himself, or save her heart?


Rated: E
Categories: Alternate Universe, Crossover (other books or TV shows)
Characters: Andrea Harrison, Beth Greene, Bob Stookey, Carol Peletier, Dale Horvath, Daryl Dixon, Gareth, Hershel Greene, Jacqui, Lizzie Samuels, Lori Grimes, Merle, Original Character(s), Shane Walsh, Sophia Peletier, The Governor
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes
Word count: 45249 Read: 3000
Published: August 30, 2016 Updated: December 15, 2016



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Huge thanks go to Na Bruma Leve for the incredible encouragement, for beta reading, and for the stunning banner, and to Saedhriel and LovesDaryl for beta reading.

 The title is what gladiators supposedly said to the Emperor before going into battle in the Colosseum. It translates as "we who are about to die salute you."

So yeah, this is a Hunger Games crossover. Remember in Hunger Games when Snow said to Katniss, "Convince me." Well, in this world, she did. So the Victors weren't sent back to the arena for the 3rd Quarter Quell, and there was no revolution....

1. The Reaping by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 6] Liked (6429 words)

In which the rules of the Quarter Quell are announced, and this year's Tributes are chosen.

Flashbacks are in Italics

2. The Capitol by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 5] Liked (3792 words)

In which our Tributes have to say goodbye to their families, and are taken to the Capitol.

Flashbacks are in Italics

There are brief mentions of abuse in this chapter, just so you're prepared.

3. The Training by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 3] Liked (4439 words)

In which our Tributes learn how to fight and how to survive, as well as seeing who their enemies are.

Flashbacks are in Italics

4. The Interview by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 2] Liked (3532 words)

In which our Tributes have one last chance to make a lasting impression

Flashbacks are in italics

5. The Anticipation by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 5] Liked (2852 words)

In which our Tribute and Mentor enjoy a moment of peace on the eve of the Games.

I've put the rating of this story up to E, just to be on the safe side, both for this chapter, and the fact that from hereon, it's going to get violent.

6. The Hunger Games Part I by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 5] Liked (5083 words)

Let the games begin. May the odds be ever in your favour

Flashbacks are in Italics

7. The Hunger Games Part II by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 3] (4848 words)

Flashbacks in Italics

8. The Hunger Games Part III by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 3] (4712 words)

Flashbacks are in Italics

Also, this chapter comes with a warning for some pretty graphic violence.

9. The Hunger Games Part IV by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 2] (2943 words)

Flashbacks are in Italics

WARNING: Major character death in this chapter.

10. The Hunger Games Part V by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 1] (2082 words)

11. The Aftermath by alatarielgildaen [Reviews - 6] Liked (4537 words)

In which our Tribute and Mentor are reunited at last

Flashbacks are in Italics