[Reviews - 23] Liked
Summary:

 

Loss … it’s the only constant thing they’ve come to know. People come and go, there’s no rhyme or reason to it; at least none which can stop the ache gripping them now. When it feels as though the world is crumbling down around them, Carol and Daryl latch onto the only lifeline they have … the only one which has ever felt real. Late season 9 (theorized). Challenge response to Smutfest 3.0.

 

Everything is dark,

it’s more than you can take.

But you catch a glimpse of sunlight,

shining, shining down on your face.

Your face,

oh, your face.


Rated: E
Categories: Nine Lives Challenge, Alternate Universe
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Negan
Genres: Angst, Challenge Response, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Porn w/ Plot
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No
Word count: 6572 Read: 742
Published: July 28, 2018 Updated: August 05, 2018



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

I had this idea for what might see in season 9, before the trailer came out. And then once it did, there was no ignoring the plot bunny dancing before my eyes. As per usual with me - most of you know - it ended up being longer than I intended. One-shots are my double rainbows ... I know they exist, but I haven't seen one for my muse-self.

This is set to be a 3 parter. EmbarrassedRoll eyes

So many thanks to CharlotteAshmore, BettyBubble and CLADD (aka ghost-writer) for reading it over.

1. What we lost by Marie1063 [Reviews - 14] Liked (2759 words)

Cards on the table, it's a big ball of angst - when are my fics not - so I'm letting you know in advance. There's also a fair bit of foul language/sexual references by a certain character. I would say to pay close attention to the story warnings for this chapter.

Sorry, not sorry.

2. What we have by Marie1063 [Reviews - 9] Liked (3813 words)

And here's part 2! I want to thank everyone for the wonderful support I received for the last chapter. You guys are the best, and make it easier to keep writing.

I know there are some who are upset/sad/disjointed with all the news and "exclusives" that have come out, and I completely understand, but I want say firmly I am not giving up, on Caryl or the fandom. For some ungodly reason, I am still hopeful for the future; maybe it's why I wrote this story in the 1st place.

Giant, massive, and eternal thanks to my beta girls and fellow pony squad members, CharlotteAshmore and Bettybubble. I don't know what I would do without you!💕

Now onto the feels!

A/N: omg guys, you need to check out what the wonderful the_wd_caryl made for me and this fic. I am speechless. I love you, hun! https://youtu.be/JZIxtthwMvE