[Reviews - 44] Liked
Summary:

Set in the middle of the time between the end of Season 3 and the start of 4, this story takes the Prison group and the remnants of Woodbury down a different path than what unfolded on your TV; and that can only be a good thing, right?  Most definitely Caryl, with some Gleggie and eventual Richonne.


Rated: E
Categories: Season 3/4 Interlude, Alternate Universe
Characters: Carl Grimes, Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Glenn Rhee, Hershel Greene, Maggie Greene Rhee, Michonne Hawthorne, Original Character(s), Rick Grimes, Tyreese Williams
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 100034 Read: 5868
Published: June 10, 2014 Updated: June 24, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This is actually the first Caryl story I ever wrote & shared with a few friends.  I never posted it anywhere else, so you are getting it exclusively here on Nine Lives because I love you guys!

Hope you like it!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1:1001 Paper Cranes by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 15] Liked (10001 words)

TWD Timeline: Post Season 3, two months after the Woodbury group arrives at the prison.

2. Chapter 2; A Bird in the Hand by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (11100 words)

We begin with the dreamy Gleggie wedding, Carol confesses a fear to Daryl and we end with the return of a nightmare.  The theme is birds.

3. Chapter 3: Asylum by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 7] Liked (11320 words)

The search for Carl begins; Daryl makes a hard choice; Rick has visitations; Phillip Blake undergoes a transformation and there is an important betrayal.

Trigger warnings: Child abuse/torture.

 

4. Chapter 4: In a Gilded Cage by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 5] Liked (12025 words)

Carol, Rick and the others at the prison try to cope with the absences of Carl, Daryl and Tyreese while the two men continue their search for the boy.  Meanwhile Carl and Martinez make their way back towards the prison. The groups of travelers meet up with difficulties in their quests when their actions put them in danger from an unexpected source.

Trigger Warning: Sexual assault


 

5. Chapter 5: Under Haunted Skies by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 1] (14116 words)

Carol realizes that not all is well with Daryl as the returned searchers settle back in at the prison. We learn more about how the self proclaimed"Sheriff" Phillip Blake recruited his "Deputies" and Michonne's return without Rick prompts a new plan.

Trigger Warning: Violence.

6. Chapter 6:When the Thunder Calls for Me by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 5] (10593 words)

While the prison group continues to prepare to rescue Rick, an unexpected death makes Daryl realize he needs to talk to Carol about what happened while he was on the road.

In Blake's camp frontier justice and Annie's arrival spur Rick into action with a new ally.

7. Chapter 7: Molon Labe by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 1] (9942 words)

Returning to the prison after the battle at the "Sheriff's" camp, Rick, Daryl and the rest of the group face unexpected challenges from the new refugees they bring back.

Warning: Character death.

8. Chapter 8: New Beginnings by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 3] Liked (8163 words)

The outcome of the hostage situation, trapped Daryl delivers a baby and a short Epilogue shows what the future has in store for our group.

9. Chapter 9: “Androcles and the Lion” by darylsdiva1 [Reviews - 4] Liked (12774 words)

Bonus Chapter: these events take place 10 days before the start of Turning Tables. Caryl first time and the morning after. Sweet smut.