[Reviews - 47] Liked
Summary:

Daryl is about to be executed. Nobody at Sanctuary knows why he won't kneel. Except Dwight. Dwight knows Daryl loves somebody enough to give his own life rather than kneel.  


Rated: E
Categories: Season 7
Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Torture, Violence
Prompts: Letter to Carol
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No
Word count: 12287 Read: 2217
Published: December 16, 2018 Updated: April 08, 2019



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Credit for the idea and the general plot go to Amwaaker who posted the prompt this story is based on and who gave me her permission to have a go for it.

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 7] Liked (1231 words)

Rated for graphic depictions of Daryl's condition in the cell after he got shot and taken to the Sanctuary post lineup. Torture, abuse, and violence mentioned and described.

2. Chapter 2 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 5] Liked (774 words)

Not quite so graphic description of Daryl's condition as Dwight pays him a visit in his cell and arrives at a decision, still probably not an easy read.

3. Chapter 3 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 6] Liked (1252 words)

Mention of Daryl's injuries, some cell grossness, but no descriptions of violence, injuries, or torture in this one.

4. Chapter 4 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 7] Liked (1588 words)

Negan interaction with Daryl, and he doesn't treat him gently - there is bullying, pushing, punching, and hints, again, at Daryl's condition and the way he's been treated.

And there is a gunshot at the end.

5. Chapter 5 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 6] Liked (1575 words)

Mention of the Polaroid. :-(

6. Chapter 6 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 6] Liked (1910 words)

Brief visual description of Daryl, nothing too upsetting by the standards of what we've had so far.

7. Chapter 7 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 4] Liked (1916 words)

Despite the dire circumstances, writing a few moments of the friendship between Carol and Michonne has been a delight. Saying that we got too little of these two together would be an understatement since we didn't get anything at all - a crying shame, and something to forever regret in my opinion.

8. Chapter 8 by lovesdaryl [Reviews - 6] Liked (2041 words)

Warning for mention of the night in the clearing and the women generally having a hard time while remembering their lost loved ones.