[Reviews - 49] Liked
Summary:

It feels like their relationship is at a crossroads. Carol doesn't know how to act around him anymore, and Daryl just hurts.

 


Rated: M
Categories: Season 11, Season 10/11 Interlude, Headcanon
Characters: Aaron, Carol Peletier, Connie, Daryl Dixon, Leah Shaw
Genres: None
Warnings: Carol/Other (Temp), Daryl/Other (Temp), Domestic Abuse (Implied), Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No
Word count: 11007 Read: 4008
Published: November 13, 2021 Updated: April 07, 2022



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

This story follows season 11 and so far it is in canon.  It's very introspective and the POV will switch between Daryl and Carol. It might be a bit headcanon, and it contains mentions of past Carol/other and Daryl/other. The rating is for the future.

1. Chapter 1 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 9] Liked (1574 words)

Sometimes Daryl still wanted to stab himself in the eye for ever turning down Carol's "romantic" suggestion of "screwing around", though it had happened years and years ago.

2. Chapter 2 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 6] Liked (1065 words)

Sometimes when Daryl couldn't sleep he laid awake looking at the stars and thinking about New Mexico.

3. Chapter 3 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 7] Liked (1093 words)

She wasn't interested in people's judgement and she wasn't sure if she believed in God anymore, but what she was afraid of was that Daryl wouldn't understand.

4. Chapter 4 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 4] (1326 words)

Daryl knew trauma, and knew that people reacted to it differently. Some became angry all the fucking time, some went catatonic.

5. Chapter 5 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 5] (1382 words)

Sometimes it was hard for Carol not to resent her community for benefitting from her descent to her own inner darkness but for not being able to face the consequences afterwards. For not being able to deal with her.

6. Chapter 6 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 4] Liked (1175 words)

Though Daryl didn't have much experience with women, he knew enough to know that sometimes friendship and camaraderie between a man and a woman was near impossible. There was always something there, lurking in the shadows.

7. Chapter 7 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 6] Liked (1451 words)

Daryl felt like he could go to Hell for the sort of dreams he was having about his so-called best friend.

8. Chapter 8 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 4] Liked (769 words)

Against his, perhaps better, judgement, he had let Leah escape, accepting the risk that she might return.

9. Chapter 9 by rubberchicken4u [Reviews - 4] Liked (1172 words)

Daryl wasn't particularly into explaining nosy, complete strangers what he had been doing before the world had ended. He didn't have any "academic credentials", but he wasn't dumb.