[Reviews - 29] Liked
Summary:

Months into their life in the Commonwealth, Daryl reaches breaking point in his relationship with Carol over a conversation they've had one too many times.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Rated: T
Categories: Headcanon, Season 11
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes
Word count: 5551 Read: 2111
Published: February 20, 2022 Updated: February 23, 2022



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Two-parter based on a prompt from @cassluvthelife on Twitter (thanks Cass!) which I wrote because I love nothing like I love angst. That said, I live in fear of repeating myself, and the substance of this overlaps somewhat, as you will see, with that of another fic of mine called After Apple Picking. More on that in the end notes.

I've noted this elsewhere, but I'm still new at fanfic (indeed, at creative prose), and it bears repeating that my use of accent markers for Daryl's speech is appallingly inconsistent and just plain awful a lot of the time. My apologies for that. I'm still figuring it out.

Please note that I haven't watched 11x10 at the time of writing, so physical details of Daryl's apartment are a figment of my imagination.

The title is a line from the song Stuck In A Moment by U2.

1. Chapter 1 by Lighteneverything [Reviews - 17] Liked (2449 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Lighteneverything [Reviews - 12] Liked (3102 words)

Content warning for High Angst, Melodrama, Overworking, Cheese and more. I really struggled with this, because I realised TOO LATE that my angst subgenre of choice is "quiet interiors" and not "danger of death scenarios", which play out really well on an apocalyptic TV drama but less well, I feel, in my writing. But I tried.

Thanks again to @cassluvthelife, who took me patiently through her 10 season headcanon while I rocked in the fetal position last night over two terrible paragraphs and many empty pages.

And thank you, so much, to those who have read and reviewed chapter 1 - you were kind, and lovely, and I promise to return to quiet interiors after this.

Genuine content warning in the end notes.