[Reviews - 20] Liked
Summary:

Fix-it one-shot for 11x18. After Lydia leaves, Carol and Daryl have a long overdue conversation.

This story contains spoilers for 11x18--please read with care. 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Rated: T
Categories: Oneshot
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Lydia
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Domestic Abuse (Implied), Suicide (Attempted)
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 3465 Read: 807
Published: October 03, 2022 Updated: October 03, 2022



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Chapter 1 by Lighteneverything [Reviews - 20] Liked (3465 words)

As always, my one-shots are written to scratch an itch of my own, and I tend to write them quickly, before my interest wanes. Please stop reading now if you want to remain spoiler-free for 11x18, and if you read on, please remember this was a rush job.

This fic covers two conversations--one in which Daryl finds out Carol was going to walk off the cliff to take the horde down in 10x16, and one, some time later, in which he reveals this knowledge to her. Scenes in 11x18 are referenced. The story departs from canon for obvious reasons. 

I don't actually know where they were when the conversation with Lydia took place, so if I've made a geographical faux pas please accept my apology and also the knowledge that I don't much care where they were. 

I find writing canonical fic difficult for a variety of reasons, one of which, at this point more than ever, is the backlog of things we haven't been privy to or must assume took place between characters. In season 11, this is particularly glaring in the case of Carol and Daryl. Their conversation here is as a result quite dense and complicated. Good luck.