[Reviews - 383] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

It had always been Daryl and Merle against the world, for as long as either of them could remember, and there was no way in hell Merle was letting that stop now. It was all just a big misunderstanding. (Caryl AU with a heavy dose of Merle.)


Rated: E
Categories: Alternate Universe, Family
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon, Merle
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fighting, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Drug Use, Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes
Word count: 61696 Read: 19020
Published: April 15, 2015 Updated: June 29, 2015



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Hi there! : ) I am so very excited to finally share this story, as it's been something I've been cooking up for quite a while!

Just as some background before we get into it - Carol is in her late 20s, Daryl early 30s, and Merle late 30s in this fic.

The biggest and baddest thanks goes out to my super amazing betas, untapdtreasure and Stephtron312. There are approximately zero words to express how much I appreciate the time you've both invested into helping me out. You both treated these characters with such a respect that had me trusting your judgement implicitly, and really and truly have made this story better. As a couple of the writers that I admire the most in the fanfic world, your encouragement has just been SO amazing. From Larissa's intense hatred of Merle, to Steph's attachment to certain pieces of furniture, this has just been the most fun writing experience I've ever had! THANK YOU! oxox

I hope you enjoy : )


 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 34] Liked (2817 words)

2. Chapter 2 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 21] Liked (1436 words)

3. Chapter 3 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 21] Liked (3108 words)

4. Chapter 4 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 22] Liked (3577 words)

5. Chapter 5 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 20] Liked (3393 words)

6. Chapter 6 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 28] Liked (4688 words)

7. Chapter 7 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 26] Liked (3372 words)

8. Chapter 8 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 23] Liked (3129 words)

9. Chapter 9 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 25] Liked (3679 words)

10. Chapter 10 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 22] Liked (4872 words)

11. Chapter 11 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 25] Liked (4822 words)

12. Chapter 12 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 23] Liked (2520 words)

13. Chapter 13 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 21] Liked (3919 words)

14. Chapter 14 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 17] Liked (4481 words)

15. Chapter 15 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 17] Liked (5831 words)

16. Chapter 16 by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 18] Liked (2809 words)

17. Epilogue by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 20] Liked (3243 words)

This is IT! The final chapter... (eeeeps!)

As we draw this story to a close, I need to thank you all infinitely for taking the time and effort to leave me the world’s most thoughtful reviews. I am just the luckiest ever, because you have all just been so incredibly kind and lovely and have made me just the happiest little lady in the whole entire world. Best reviewers ever, hands down, belong to this story. So I dedicate this last chapter to you, and know that the whole rest of the story goes with it. Because you’ve seen things in these characters that I just couldn’t believe, and made me see things in all sorts of different ways. I’m beyond grateful for those of you who stuck with this the whole way through, and I can’t thank you enough for even giving it a chance in the first place.

And to Steph and Larissa, who have been available for all my last-minute panics, talking me through plot points and helping me with basically everything, every single step of the way – you guys deserve all the ice cream and cupcakes and cookies in the world. I would squeeze you to bits if I could. THANK YOU. I really and truly couldn’t have done this without either of you. MUAH!!! oxoxoxox