[Reviews - 86] Liked
Past Featured StorySummary:

 

Taking place after the events at the grove, Carol decides to stay behind while Tyreese moves on to Terminus. She's trying to come to grips with all the trauma she's experienced recently. When she's re-united with Daryl again who is also struggling to keep his faith after the events at the prison and after Beth has been taken, how will their relationship develop?


Rated: M
Categories: Season 4
Characters: Carol Peletier
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Adult Language
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes
Word count: 50351 Read: 15239
Published: June 01, 2015 Updated: November 03, 2015



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. Only my little ideas belong to me. I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Prologue by dismantledrose [Reviews - 7] Liked (761 words)

A/N: This is my first story here on ninelives and really also my first Caryl multi-chapter story...I've only posted a few drabbles on AO3 before. I'll post as I write the chapters so it might take a while. Thanks to my Prologue betas NotLaura and darylldixonn. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

2. Chapter 1 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2293 words)

A/N: Thanks so much for your reviews, guys! I'm glad I seem to have caught your attention with the little prologue. I posted some drabbles on AO3 exploring nightmares that Carol might have but always felt I could've done more with that...which is why it'll feature in this story now. Semi-graphic descriptions ahead. Let me know your thoughts!Thanks to darylldixonn for beta-ing! :)

3. Chapter 2 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (1932 words)

A/N: Thank you so much for reviewing. I'm glad to see that I haven't scared all of you away yet lol This story will continue to be very angsty, I'm afraid. Thanks to my beta, as always. Hope you like this update. Let me know your thoughts! :)

4. Chapter 3 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 5] Liked (2074 words)

A/N: So sorry I haven't updated in ages. I was away on vacation and apparently left Caryl at home. Started working on chapter 5 today so thought that was reason enough to post chapter 3 for you. Hope you like it. Kudos to my beta, as always. :)

5. Chapter 4 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 6] Liked (2226 words)

A/N: Thanks to my three lovely, consistent reviewers :) You really keep me going! I know the angst can be a little bit hard to bear at times and I'm trying to insert some bonding but it'd feel wrong as well if it suddenly went all fluffy. So I hope you bear with me. Thanks to my beta! 

6. Chapter 5 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2305 words)

A/N: As promised, here's another chapter for you. I'm trying to keep to this weekly rhythm. More angst to follow, I'm afraid. I hope you'll enjoy it nonetheless. 

7. Chapter 6 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 2] Liked (2385 words)

A/N:I'm running out of things to say. haha I can only keep thanking you for your continued support and hope that this chapter won't disappoint. :) 

8. Chapter 7 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 5] Liked (2199 words)

A/N: Thanks, Buttercup, for reviewing the last chapter. Hope the rest of you will like this one! :)

9. Chapter 8 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2066 words)

A/N: Slightly later update this week but my amazing beta has still managed to cram in the bunch of chapters I threw at her before her move. So I gotta thank her again. :) And thanks to all of you who reviewed!!I am so thrilled, honestly. Anyway, on with the story. :)

10. Chapter 9 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 3] Liked (3024 words)

A/N: Hi guys! Thanks for your lovely comments and also thanks to my beta who worked her way through this huge huge chapter. I just didn't find a better ending point than this. Anyway, some surprising developments happened while I was writing this and at first I wasn't sure if it was too early or not...but it's what suited the characters at the time so I hope you will be okay with it ;) I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

11. Chapter 10 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 2] (2523 words)

A/N: Thank you all for your lovely comments, they are so appreciated! :) Another longer chapter as Carol and Daryl finally reach Terminus. Let me know your thoughts. Also (on a semi-related note lol), I just bought tickets for Walker Stalker Con London yesterday...and I'll be going alone so if any of you are going and want to meet up or chat first or something, just shoot me a message. :) 

12. Chapter 11 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (1575 words)

A/N: Thanks for all your comments and a great big shoutout to those who just now joined the story. I hope I still have your attention. haha I promise it will be explained what happened at Terminus and I hated to take Carol's big moment away from her. It's one of my favourite moments from the series but it just wouldn't have worked in my timeline. We're now halfway through the story in case anyone was wondering. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

13. Chapter 12 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2101 words)

A/N: As always, thanks for your lovely reviews!Today's chapter is a little bit smaller but I think it needed that beat for them to deal with the afermath of Terminus. The next chapter will be longer (the longest so far) and also a little fluffier.

Um...also just a small heads up lol Once the next chapter of Team Angst's round robin will have been posted it'll be my turn which means that maybe one or two chapters of this story will be delayed in the future but I'll try to work on both at the same time. :)

14. Chapter 13 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (3449 words)

A/N: Thanks for your reviews, folks! It's really lovely to hear from all of you. So here's the longer chapter with a little bit of fluff...maybe it's not fluff necessarily but definitely bonding. It'll continue in the next chapter, I promise. Let me know your thoughts! :)

15. Chapter 14 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2703 words)

A/N: Your reviews are so lovely...and so much appreciated!! I hope you'll enjoy this last chapter of comfort before we descend into the deepest pit of angst and pain. lol 

16. Chapter 15 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 5] Liked (4691 words)

A/N: First of all, thanks for your comments!! Second of all, please don't kill me! This chapter is super long so please bear with it and yes...don't kill me. This was planned from the very beginning and I got my inspiration from the game Dying Light and because I wondered why we'd never really seen this on the show...I mean, I know why but I can't write it here without giving too much away. Let me know your thoughts even if it's "I hate you!" lol

17. Chapter 16 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 5] Liked (2006 words)

A/N: Oh my God guys, I am so grateful for all your comments! I really wasn't expecting it! Thanks for not hating me too much either. haha Here's the good news: as of 12.05 today I've finished this story. It has 21 chapters in total plus an epilogue. Now the last chapters need to be beta'd and then I might be able to post updates more regularly. ;) Hope you'll like this chapter! Let me know your thoughts!:) 

18. Chapter 17 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2023 words)

A/N: First of all, Haunted is featured story of the week? How did that happen? I am SO happy! :) Secondly, my beta is swamped with work right now so I'll keep up the weekly update routine until she's had a chance to look at the remaining chapters. And lastly, hope you enjoy the new chapter...I'm a little insecure about it because of the end bit....as I've said before, I am much more comfortable with writing angst! lol So let me know your thoughts! :)

19. Chapter 18 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 4] Liked (2234 words)

A/N: You guys are fantastic, honestly! :) Thans for your comments! And we've reached the home stretch of this story. Two more chapters after this plus an Epilogue. Let me know your thoughts! :)

20. Chapter 19 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 2] Liked (2238 words)

A/N: So many great comments again! I can't thank you guys enough! Here's the next chapter! Hope you like it! :)

21. Chapter 20 by dismantledrose [Reviews - 2] Liked (2551 words)

A/N: Last chapter before the Epilogue!! Thank you so much for sticking this out with me, guys!I know the last couple of chapters had less Caryl action but I needed to tie up some loose ends before the Epilogue. Let me know your thoughts! :)

22. Epilogue by dismantledrose [Reviews - 2] (992 words)

A/N: This is it, I suppose! The Epilogue is up. I hope you've enjoyed following their story and thank you so much to all of you who took the time to review and those that have been with this story since the beginning! Thank you! :)