[Reviews - 24] Liked
Summary:

The morning after Carol and Daryl reunite in France, they talk.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. re the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Rated: T
Categories: Headcanon, Oneshot, Spinoff/France
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Fighting, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Domestic Abuse (Implied)
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4530 Read: 850
Published: July 27, 2023 Updated: July 27, 2023



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Chapter 1 by Lighteneverything [Reviews - 24] Liked (4530 words)

I would not say I am delighted with this one-shot, but I need it out of my life. I've worked on it on and off for a couple of weeks in between chapters for my WIP, and the problem I have faced is trying to achieve emotional realism for a situation which is really just absurd. Anyway, I tried. It is, as per the description, little more than a long conversation.

This story takes the series final of TWD at face value (Carol and Daryl did not secretly hook up offscreen during the last time jump) because I'll be damned if I'm letting the show get away with that kind of cheap trick. It contains mild spoilers for the French spinoff, but just as much guesswork too.