[Reviews - 92] Liked
Summary:

They made promises. She kept half his heart with her while he took half her heart with him.   


Join our soulmates on a journey - separate at times - and see how, in every way, they find their way back to each other. 


Rated: M
Categories: Headcanon, Season 11, Post-Series
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes
Word count: 150712 Read: 8947
Published: October 16, 2023 Updated: January 19, 2024



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Hello lovely fellow Carylers!  Long time no see on here.  It’s nice to see everyone so happy, and it’s nice to have our girl return!

This was originally written as a one shot, and it came to me after we got the devastating news of Melissa not being in season 1 of the spinoff.  It had been an idea that would not leave my head and I wrote it all out to channel the disappointment and heartbreak I was feeling along with you all.  

I had written my version of what a Caryl goodbye scene would look like, and the only way I was able to make sense of it was to write it with the notion that it wouldn’t be goodbye forever.  The one-shot became a two-shot, and then when we’d heard later that July that Mel would likely make a return, I decided to expand the story further. 

I had written the first seven chapters of this story before 11c aired.  Some of the earlier events are based on filming speculation we had at the time, and I’ve also made minor tweaks to canon from earlier season 11.  I took a writing break after the season 11 finale, but by the time we got the first few filming spoilers of Mel filming in season 2 (the airplane photo to be exact!!) I had only about four chapters left to write.   

As you can tell by all my ramblings, this story has been over a year in the making, for more than one reason.  Had taken some breaks here and there and unlike my last two stories, I had written this all down before typing it up.   For anyone who has followed my stories in the past, you’ll know that I like to have it completely written before I start posting, so I should have my updates every other day or so after giving them a final read through.

I’d like to give a special thanks to a good friend of mine Freefromthecocoon, who had put up with some of my ramblings via PM during both the good and tough times in the fandom.  

I hope you all enjoy what I’ve created here.  Even though parts of it may be tough to read, as some of it deals with their separation, just know that I will always create a good ending for these two. Thank you in advanced for reading and it would make me so happy to see what you think after each chapter, I’d really appreciate hearing your thoughts! 

Enjoy and cheers to our future! 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Prologue: Long Enough by Caryler22 [Reviews - 10] Liked (1506 words)

2. Resist and Revolt by Caryler22 [Reviews - 2] Liked (4720 words)

Thank you all the for the reviews so far! 

3. Precipice by Caryler22 [Reviews - 3] Liked (6519 words)

Meant to post this sooner but then my weekend blew up.  Enjoy!

4. Split by Caryler22 [Reviews - 4] Liked (3892 words)

Enjoy, and prepare for some angst...

5. Hearts in Exchange by Caryler22 [Reviews - 3] (8151 words)

Hi loves!  I know the last chapter was a little rough, and this one has some rough moments as well, but I try to add in some sweet lighter moments as well. 

Enjoy. 

6. The Search by Caryler22 [Reviews - 2] (8011 words)

Another update dearies.  

Get ready to see Daryl pining hard for our girl in his feeble search. 

7. Nothing by Caryler22 [Reviews - 4] (5838 words)

8. Twinkies and bow eyes by Caryler22 [Reviews - 4] Liked (6256 words)

9. Through a Kaleidoscope by Caryler22 [Reviews - 3] (8372 words)

10. Lie low, hold steady by Caryler22 [Reviews - 4] (7650 words)

Sorry it's taken me a bit to post this one.

I hope you all are still enjoying this, and I hope people haven't been turned off by where I'm taking this story, I promise your patience will be rewarded here soon : )

11. "How we bear it" by Caryler22 [Reviews - 4] Liked (9884 words)

"She is led by love. The world moves for love.  It kneels before it in awe." 

- The Village

12. A memory and a Hudd by Caryler22 [Reviews - 3] (9655 words)

Thank you so much for your reviews! 

We see a sweet Caryl moment in this one you guys may have been curious about for a while. Wink

13. Trail of Tears, and Blood by Caryler22 [Reviews - 5] (10801 words)

Sorry it's taken longer than I'd hoped for these updates.  Life is getting in the way. 

 

Warning: minor animal cruelty

14. Lock and Key by Caryler22 [Reviews - 6] (8075 words)

Here you are my dears! Your patience will be rewarded Heart

15. No Air by Caryler22 [Reviews - 5] Liked (9182 words)

Love all the reviews!  More teasing to the building tension and agnst but trust that they're in good hands with me : )

16. Broken Promises by Caryler22 [Reviews - 7] Liked (10818 words)

The tension between our two come to a breaking point, prepare for angst. 

Thank you so much for your reviews, they give me life Flowers

(This chapter's a long one, sorry!) 

17. Chaos by Caryler22 [Reviews - 5] Liked (11128 words)

Sorry for the delayed update.  Was going to try to give this one last edit and post before Christmas, but then things just got way too hectic.  I appreciate your patience, and all your lovely reviews. 

Got another long chapter for you.  Slight warning for attempted rape. 

 

18. Someday by Caryler22 [Reviews - 4] (8599 words)

19. "We just decided we would" by Caryler22 [Reviews - 6] Liked (5167 words)

Thank you so much for reading and for the reviews as always.  

20. Epilogue: Small Silver Keys by Caryler22 [Reviews - 8] Liked (6488 words)

Here's the last chapter loves, thank you so much for coming on this journey with me! Enjoy the conclusion Smile