[Reviews - 16] Liked
Summary:

Carol and Daryl are finally reunited and give each other everything they've been wanting at a tragic cost.


Rated: E
Categories: In Exile, Oneshot, Season 4
Characters: Carol Peletier, Daryl Dixon
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Sexual Situations
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4950 Read: 611
Published: August 31, 2014 Updated: August 31, 2014



Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook
Story Notes:

Hi there! I really wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with posting this, only because it contains a major character death (you've been warned, and yes, it's one of our couple) and I often don't even like reading those. So I thought to myself, why would I post something I probably would skim right over? But I decided to bite the bullet...

So you have the choice to read or skip...I just re-read it and actually laughed at the end because it's so horrible that I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote it.

I wrote this during the season 4 mid-season break, so it's very much not consistent with what we know of the story now. And apparently I was super discouraged when I wrote this because it's just...sad. So so sad.

I believed (and still do, if we're being honest) that Carl had something to do with these deaths, and that Carol was somehow helping him or covering up...so that's where this is. It takes place near a camp that Carol had been living in after being exiled, and had recently been reunited with Tyreese and the girls. Beth and Daryl had found Maggie, Glenn and Co., but Daryl went off on his own to look for Carol and found her. This fic starts off right after the two of them went off alone in the woods to catch up I guess, and had just fought off a group of walkers they encountered.

Enjoy! Or don't...because this is horribly depressing.

1. The Swan Song by sweettooth7 [Reviews - 16] Liked (4950 words)

(Note: this was posted on ff.net as a chapter of my one-shot series "The Vagabonds", under the title "Final")